Chapter 12

Leona was first to have her hands on the Quaffle, dodging all the players in green as she made for the hoops, pushing off another Slytherin Chaser with her free arm as they were on her tail, Angelina and Alicia a little behind her.

She shot the ball.

And the bell rang as she fist-bumped the air.

"Leona Black scores! 10 points to Gryffindor!" Lee Cheered as 10 points were added to the scoreboard, and Leona high fived Angelina on her way back.

Marcus had the Quaffle now, having used his feet to kick away the brooms of the other players, and Leona was a bit too far away to stop him before he attempted to score.

Keyword, attempted.

An attempt that was blocked by Oliver, he really was a good Keeper, as he kicked it back in Leona's direction, who passed it off to Alicia.

Alicia who then played keep-away with Angelina as they made their way down the field, Leona travelling below them should they need to pass it to her.

But they didn't as they managed to evade all the Slytherin players and Angelina scored.

"ANOTHER 10 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee cheered loudly through the speakers.

But again, the Slytherins next attempt at scoring was blocked by Oliver who again threw the ball to Leona.

But as she was forced to circle back to avoid the Slytherin Chasers, she watched as Marcus Finch hit a Bludger that sent Oliver crashing into the sands below the hoops.

"Oliver is down! Lion formation!" Leona screamed at her team as she flew past. Alicia went to cover Oliver's position as best she could, George tasked with aiming as many bludgers as possible to approaching Slytherin Chasers.

Fred was tasked with aiming as many bludgers towards the Slytherin Seeker to keep him away from the snitch and buy Harry time to catch it as it was up to Leona and Angelina to score.

But her pass to Angelina was intercepted by Marcus who managed to score.

As Angelina flew, Quaffle in hand, Marcus and another Slytherin chaser squashed her from either side.

So, Angelina threw.

And Leona managed to catch it as she stood on her broom, her balance perfect as if she'd been doing it all her life, surfing on the thin handle effortlessly as she flew through the air.

"Quaffle is passed to Chaser Leona Black, who performs her signature move of Black Broomsurfing as she makes her way to the Slytherin Hoops. Just look how easily she glides through the air!" Lee observed.

But just as Leona was about to score, Marcus came at her from the side, hitting her in the ribs with a Beater bat.

Madame Hooch sounded her whistle as Leona fell off her broom, the crowd gasping in worry before cheering as she was caught by none other than Fred Weasley.

"You alright?" he asked as he held her as best he could on his broom with his bat in hand, the girl groaning as she held her ribs.

"They're definitely broken, it hurts to breathe, but I'll be damned if I'm losing this game to bloody Marcus Finch and his cheating snakes."

Fred only smiled at her as he signalled to Madam Hooch that she was ok and brought her back to her broom which had landed on the ground without its rider.

As the Quaffle was passed back to her, Leona rose into the sky to shoot her penalty shot.

"Another 10 points to Gryffindor who lead Slytherin 40-10."

That only seemed to enrage Marcus.

"Harry!" Leona yelled, starling the boy who was sitting on his broom and watching the game. "Stop hovering and find the bloody snitch!" she screamed as she tore after Marcus.

And the boy was off as Slytherin scored again, but then his broom began to act up.

Someone was jinxing it.

"Hang on Harry!" Leona called as he held onto his broomstick with one hand as it shook in the air, but there wasn't much she could do with all three Chasers on her tail as her ribs screamed in pain.

"Thanks, Georgie," she said to her best friend who winked at her as he hit the Bludger that was coming at her away and towards Marcus.

"Anytime," he smirked before flying off and Leona found it hard to stay focused as she heard Lee say,

"And Harry Potter attempts Black Broomsurfing as he chases after the Snitch!"

Her eyes darted briefly to where Harry stood on his broom and already Leona knew that he would be off-balance in a matter of seconds by his stance before she weaved around the spectator stands.

"And just like the others, Harry has fallen off his broom!" Lee yelled as Leona threw the Quaffle to Angelina, only for the Chaser to go after her and Angelina to throw it back.

Leona had been about to score when Lee boomed, "AND HARRY POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH!"

Madam Hooch's whistle sounded as all attention fell on her.

"Gryffindor win!"