Chapter 129

Their wedding was something otherworldly, with the ceremony ending without a single dry eye. Fred had broken into tears the instant he saw his father walk his bride down the aisle. And Rosalee's eyes had teared up the second she'd taken Fred's hand on the alter, the contact assuring her that it wasn't a dream and that this was really happening.

They both purposefully hadn't written any vows, wanting them to really be from the heart and not anything that was planned. It was more meaningful to them that way.

Fred's vows were permanently ingrained in her brain. How he promised to love her and stand by her side through life as he'd done since they met. How he promised her a life full of laughter and fun and joy, like her father and godfather and family who weren't here would want for her. And he promised to be stuck to her, to be stuck with her, for as long as they both lived.

Fred's vows were full of love and promise and happiness, while Rosalee's were filled with love and gratitude and appreciation.

"Firstly I don't know how to thank you. I don't know how to thank you for the endless support and love that you've given me over the last seven years we've been together. And while our relationship may only be seven years old, my love for you is older. It is older and is something that will never die even long after we do. You have kept me standing through the worst moments of my life and there genuinely aren't words that I have to thank you or to tell you how much I love you. But I guess promising to spend the rest of my life with you is one way to start. Merlin, I love you, Freddy. So much. And while we've been on many adventures together, I know that this next adventure through life as husband and wife is going to be the best. Which is why I vow to love you, to cherish you, to support you and stand by you from now until death claims us. I vow to laugh with you, cry with you, to live with you and take great joy in doing so. I vow to be your partner, your best friend, your lover. I vow to be your wife."

Fireworks had lit the sky and cheers sounded loudly after they'd both slipped rings onto each other's fingers, Hermione, Ginny, Fleur and Angelina smiling at Rosalee and George, Bill, Charlie, Ron, Percy and Harry smiling at Fred as he kissed the bride.

Though the tears really started flowing at the reception when Molly stood to make a speech, revealing a letter that Sirius had left for Rosalee's wedding in the event he wasn't there for it.

My dear Rose,

Though I hope this is a letter that you never have to read, if you are, then I could not be prouder of you. You are no doubt the most gorgeous bride to ever grace the earth, just like your mother. Though I write you this letter in the midst of a war I do not know if we'll win, I have hope that we do, that you'll survive and live a grand life full of laughter, happiness, love and family.

Rose, I may not be there, but I will always be your family, just as the Weasley's will be, even more so if is their son you marry.

Don't live in the past as I have spent too long doing so, life is too short to spend mourning or holding a grudge.

Now is the time that you live and live well.

Your mother and I will be waiting for you in the next life.

Congratulations my darling daughter.

All my love,

Your father.

Rosalee had cried into Fred's shoulder before getting up to hug her mother.

And soon after their tears had dried and the food had been consumed, the dancing commenced. Rosalee had never been more exhausted or more happy as she danced with every single person in that hall, every single person who was dear to her heart.

But it was nothing compared to how tired she was after her honeymoon.

The rest of her life with the man she loved?

Yeah, she was definitely going to be ok with that.