Chapter 126

It had been a sight to see.

To watch as Voldemort's face contorted in agony as he turned into ash that blew away with the wind, his body reduced to pieces that could never be put back together again.

Even more so to watch as all the death eaters fled for their lives after their leader was killed.

Rosalee was the first person to hug Harry as he walked back into the Great Hall, Filch already attempting to sweep the large stone blocks of rubble off the floor with his little wooden broom.

Fred had been second, and he and Rosalee had expected Harry to go off in search for Hermione and Ron, but instead, he turned to face the couple who were now attached at the hip with Fred's arm around Rosalee's shoulders.

"What's up Harry?" she asked, slightly worried when she saw the look on his face as her arm wound itself around Fred's waist.

"Nothing bad, so don't worry," he assured them and they visibly relaxed. "I just have a message for you."

Their brows furrowed.

"A message?" Rosalee asked.

"From who?" Fred questioned.

"Dumbledore."

Now they were really confused.

"When I- I died, I saw Dumbledore. And he had a message for you two," Harry explained, lessening their confusion but it was still very much there.

"What could that git possibly have to say to us?" Rosalee asked and Harry ignored her bitterness towards the late Professor, the feelings very warranted after the memories Harry had seen in the Pensieve.

"He said that he had an answer for you. Love."

Quizzical looks returned to their faces as Harry continued.

"He said that love is the most powerful type of magic in existence and even one he doesn't completely understand. But he said that in Rosalee's hands, hands as powerful as yours, that he believed that the love you have for Fred could conquer anything."

Rosalee couldn't help but meet Fred's eyes as realisation washed over them.

"You don't think that -"

"I brought you back from the dead because I happen to both love you and possess my mother's rare and powerful ability to do wandless magic? It's ridiculous, right?" Rosalee cut him off as she spoke rapidly and slightly panicked.

"Yeah, by the way, how did Fred actually die?" Harry asked and the two waved the question off.

"Because I can't leave this bastard alone for two minutes!" Rosalee exclaimed as she whacked his stomach.

And as Fred groaned, Rosalee turned to her brother and said, "He was on the wrong end of a bloody killing curse. Twice!"

"And you saved me twice. What do I have to worry about so long as you love me?" he boasted with a smug grin as he kissed her temple and Rosalee only crossed her arms over her chest.

"So, is that why you asked me to marry you? So, I can bring you back when you get in life-threatening situations?"

"Again, how did that happen?" Harry cut in, stopping Fred from replying.

"Well, it wasn't an actual proposal. In case if we died, I at least wanted to die with the knowledge that Rose wanted to be my wife," Fred explained as Rosalee stretched up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek, despite the dirt and dried blood that covered his skin.

Fred, beamed slightly as he leaned into the kiss before fixing his gaze on Harry who had a smile on his face, happy that his sister was happy after all the sad things that had befallen her.