Chapter 89

Business was good.

And not only was their store successful, but it also held another purpose asides from providing jokes and laughter to people.

It was also a bit of a safe haven for members of the Order, the few that were left anyway.

With all its protection spells, as well as Leona, few death eaters dared touch it.

Hogwarts on the other hand was in a similar state, with both shields and many Aurors protecting the castle and its inhabitants.

Most of her letters came from Ginny these days though, asking for help and advice with her relationship with Dean. They'd been fighting a lot recently, and Leona was honestly quite close to flying to Hogwarts and sorting him out herself.

Merlin knows what the twins would do if they found out how Dean was making their little sister cry.

The few letters that were from Harry detailed what was happening with Quidditch, Ron had made Keeper and Ginny had really taken after her as a superb Chaser.

Speaking of Quidditch, Leona had negotiated with the Hollyhead Harpies and the Montrose Magpies to let her have a try out to play Quidditch professionally if Voldemort was defeated.

She'd love to play Quidditch professionally.

The Joke shop was one dream, but Quidditch was another.

And she'd also like to think that that was what her father would've done if he'd never been sent to Azkaban and her mother if she hadn't been killed.

Ministry office jobs just never seemed like something they'd enjoy doing for the rest of their lives.

But there was a letter from Hermione that truly broke her heart.

"I'm going to kill Ron," Leona muttered as she walked into the large office that actually was off-limits to the public, unlike what happened with the fourth floor.

"What did Ronniekins do know, Rosalee?" Fred asked from behind the desk, smirking at his girlfriend while George was downstairs manning the store.

"Do you remember some bint named Lavender Brown?" she asked as paper rustled, the letter being slapped to her leg as her arms fell to her sides.

Fred furrowed his brows.

"Rings a bell. Don't remember who she is though. Why?"

Leona set the letter down as she rounded the desk.

"Apparently, that's the girl Ron snogged with after Gryffindor won the game yesterday."

"Why is that so bad?" Fred asked as he leaned back in his chair, Leona perched on the edge of the desk, and she gave him an incredulous look.

"Because he did it in front of Hermione."

"Oh. I forgot they had a thing for each other," Fred said with a small smirk on his face.

"Yeah, well clearly not if he's snogging other girls."

Fred reached forward for her hand.

"Why has this got you all strung out though?"

"Because I love Hermione and our brother is an idiot that hurt her."

"And if I could distract you from your worries?" Fred asked with a wicked smirk as he tugged her onto his lap, and instantly a smile spread across her lips as he began to kiss her neck.

"George is downstairs," she pointed out, even as she tilted his head back to give him better access.

"Dealing with customers, seeing as this store is never empty. He'll be a while," Fred panted as he pulled the collar of her blouse down, kissing her collarbone.

An involuntarily moan tore itself from Leona's mouth and she could feel Fred smirk as she held his throat, causing him to look at her smugly.

"You're really bad for business."

And she brought her lips down on his.