Chapter 24

"So let me get this straight. You-Know-Who went after your mother because he was threatened by her, because she had the rare and powerful gift to be able to do wandless magic?" Fred clarified as Leona told the story to him and George, having found the pair of them in the common room and moved their conversation to the twin's dorm room.

"Pretty much."

"She must've been really powerful if You-Know-Who was scared of her," George said.

"You know what's even funnier?" Leona asked and the twins shrugged. "That You-Know-Who went on and on about blood purity when he was scared of my mother who was a half-blood and blessed with one of the greatest gifts known to wizardkind."

The twins chuckled.

"That is funny," the chorused before Leona face dropped.

"You two can't tell anyone. Not even Arthur and mum, promise me."

"We promise," the twins swore in unison. They never broke promises, especially when it came to Leona. She was their best friend and they loved her, and she loved them. It was a trust they'd built up since they were three years old.

"Oi, so what do you think is in the Chamber of Secrets that petrified Filch's ugly cat?" George asked.

"Beats me," Leona huffed as she laid on Fred's bed, the boy sitting next to her as he mindlessly rubbed her calf. "The legend says it's supposed to kill you though. That's what happened the last time the Chamber was opened."

"Maybe whatever's in there is getting old and isn't as powerful? It was opened like 50 years ago or something like that," George said.

"Whatever's in there, both of you please be careful. I don't want to have to find out that one of you two dimwits got petrified," Fred said and Leona only glanced to George with a cheeky smile.

George sighed dramatically as he had a dreamlike look on his face, a hand on his heart as he pretended to wipe a tear from under his eyes.

"Oh, that was touching Freddy," Leona teased.

"No one's ever cared for me so much in my life," George fake cried as he tried to fan away his tears that weren't there.

"Sod off, the both of you!" Fred grumbled as he tossed a pillow at his twin and lightly pushed Leona off him as she tried to hug him.

"Aww, you can't stay mad at me Freddy," she cooed as she wrapped her arms around his torso, pressing a kiss to his temple. "And we promise to be careful. Right, Georgie?"

George smirked.

"Cross my heart and hope to die," he mocked before Fred threw another pillow at him, but this time George threw it back, only to have it hit Leona.

Both boys stilled, slightly terrified.

"Oh, you're going to pay for that one," she grinned evilly as she jumped from Fred's bed, and the trio broke out into a pillow fight.