6

"Woah, wait a minute!" Ki said as I viciously packed my bag. "No! I can't wait, Ki. I have to go now." I said as she pulled my bag from me.

"Just take a minute to think about this, Violet. Colby is going to actually kill you if you get on that plane." Ki said as I shook my head.

"I don't care. He's not gonna make it home if I don't go right now." I said as she scrunched her brow. "What are you talking about?" She asked as I pulled my bag back and stuffed more clothes in it.

"Whatever tried to kill me in that building is still there and it's going to kill the boys. Or at least injure them." I said frantically as I walked towards the bathroom.

"How do you know that?" Ki asked as I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. "I just do. Please just watch the girls for me. I'll pay you, whatever you want...I just need to go." I said as she stared at me.

"I've never seen you this frazzled." Ki said after a minute. "I'm scared shitless. I feel like I don't have much time and I have a 6 hour flight." I said then slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Then you better get going." She said as I smiled slightly. "You'll watch them?" I asked as she nodded.

"Of course I will. Just don't rope me into the wrath that will be Colby when he sees you." She said and held her hands up in surrender.

"I won't. You're just collateral at this point." I said then made my way out of the room so I could say goodbye to the girls.

"What's your plan? It's like...midnight." Ki said as we walked into the nursery. "My plan is so say goodbye to the girls, then go to the airport and get a red eye." I said then walked over to the cribs.

"I know you're sleeping and you'll be really confused when you wake up but I love you girls with my whole heart. Auntie Ki is going to take care of you and keep you safe." I said quietly as the girls slept soundly.

I then stood up straight and turned towards Ki. "I'm sorry for springing this on you." I said as she chuckled.

"Part of me knew you were going to pull this shit. Just please promise you'll be safe." Ki said as I nodded.

"I'll try. I just hope I'm not too late." I said as we made our way downstairs. "What do you think is going to happen to them?" She asked as I shrugged.

"Anything can happen. I almost got cut in half last time, whatever is there is more powerful than anything I've ever seen." I explained and grabbed my keys.

"You've got some big balls, V." Ki said as I shook my head. "Wait to say that until I get back. I don't know how this is going to go." I said then opened the front door.

"I love you, V. Please be safe." Ki said then hugged me. "I love you, too. I'm gonna do my very best. Please keep the girls safe." I said as she nodded. "You got it." She said as I nodded then turned to leave the house.

I jogged to my car then grabbed my phone and tried to book the fastest flight. There was one that was boarding in 30 minutes. I knew I would be cutting it close but I booked it anyways.

I knew I didn't have much time.

I sped to the airport, praying I wouldn't get pulled over and that I would make it.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I got there in under 15 minutes. It was honestly a record considering we lived a good 30 minutes from the airport.

I quickly made my way inside then ran to security. I was grateful that there wasn't a huge line of people because it was well after midnight at this point.