27

I woke up a couple hours later to the girls screaming in the nursery. I sighed then looked over to Colby, seeing that he was fast asleep.

"Good." I whispered then went to go calm the girls down.

When I got to the nursery I walked over to the cribs. "Okay girls, come here." I whispered and pulled them into my arms. "Let's eat, yeah?" I asked then sat in the rocking chair.

"I think once you're done eating I'm gonna start looking for your Halloween costumes. What do you think daddy and I should be?" I asked and started to feed them. "I'll have to ask him what he wants to be." I said with a sigh.

I fed the girls then got them burped and changed. Once they were dressed I went back into the bedroom. "We'll sit over here." I whispered to the girls then walked over to the couch.

I didn't want to wake Colby up but I also didn't want to get the girls sick. I knew it was probably inevitable that at least one of us would get sick, but I wanted to prevent it as much as possible.

"Okay, girls." I said then sat on the couch with both of them in my arms. "Let's look at costumes." I said then positioned them on either side of me. I grabbed my laptop then started searching for costumes for the girls.

I ended up searching for a little while before Colby woke up. "Good morning, how are you feeling?" I asked as the girls giggled and waved their arms around. "I would rather die than get up right now." Colby mumbled as I frowned.

"That bad?" I asked and looked to him. "Yeah." He grumbled as I stood up. "Let's check that temperature." I said then grabbed the girls so I could bring them over to the bed.

"I found the cutest little outfits for the girls for their Halloween costumes." I said and laid the girls down next to him. 

"Oh yeah?" Colby asked then closed his eyes. "Yeah. We have to figure out what we are going to be." I said then grabbed the thermometer.

"It's up to you, love." Colby said as I frowned and put the thermometer in his mouth. "I want you to be a part of the decision, but we can talk about it when you're feeling better." I said and brushed my hair from his forehead.

"You're gonna be hot." Colby mumbled as I chuckled. "Yeah, and you're hot right now." I said and looked at his temperature. "101. More Tylenol." I said then grabbed the bottle and gave him two pills.

"Watch the girls, I'm gonna make you some more tea." I said then turned to leave the room. I went downstairs then started boiling the water for Colby when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered as I grabbed a teabag. "Hey, V." Sam said as I smiled. "Hey, Sam. What's up?" I asked and put my phone on speaker.

"I just wanted to make sure Colby isn't dead, he hasn't responded to my messages all day." He said as I breathed a laugh.

"Yeah, he's been really sick. I can tell him to respond to you though." I said as he breathed a laugh.

"Actually I think I should talk to you about this first since I kinda fucked up with that the last time." He said as I squinted.

"What's going on?" I asked then grabbed the honey. "So Colby and I were talking about how we feel stuck and that we want to do something that we haven't done for a while." Sam explained as I nodded.

"Yeah, we talked about it. Did you think of something?" I asked as he hummed. "Yeah, I don't think you'll be on board though." He said as I sighed.

"I told Colby that I would support him in anything he would want to do. I want you guys to be happy." I explained as he breathed a laugh. "Alright, well I was thinking-" Sam said but I interrupted.