133

Colby's POV

It was breaking my heart seeing Violet like this. I knew she wasn't meaning to hurt me and I knew she couldn't control her emotions right now but this was killing me.

It was killing me that she was afraid of me.

I never wanted her to feel this way about me especially after everything that happened. I knew it wasn't her fault though. I knew she was going to be cautious around me.

It didn't hurt any less though.

I found myself crying on the couch for a little while before I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I just needed to wait until Violet cried herself to sleep so I could go in the bedroom and check on her and the girls.

I understood why she wouldn't want the girls around me. I knew that I would never hurt any of them but she wasn't in her right mind and she was scared.

I couldn't be mad at her for wanting to protect the girls.

I got my glass of water then went into the living room so I could relax for a little while.

There was nothing more I wanted to do than to go back into the bedroom and hold Violet.

I wanted to tell her it would all be alright and that I wouldn't let anyone hurt her. Unfortunately I couldn't do that.

I sat there for a while before I heard someone knocking on the door. I scrunched my brows then stood up and walked towards the front door.

When I opened it I saw Sam standing there with a distressed look on his face.

"Sam? What are you doing here?" I asked as he sighed with relief. "I thought something happened to you. Violet called and she sounded so scared." He said as I my heart sank.

"She's terrified of me, man." I mumbled and turned to walk into the living room. "Why? What happened?" Sam asked as I shook my head.

"The demon made my body almost kill her and she's really freaked out about it." I explained as he frowned.

"I knew this would happen. Let me go talk to her. She wants me to take her and twins home." Sam said as I shook my head.

"You can't take the twins with her. She's not stable enough to take care of them right now." I explained as he sighed. "Just let me go talk to her." Sam said as I nodded.

I sat on the couch and covered my face with my hands. I felt so helpless because I couldn't hold her and protect her from this because I was the problem.

Scratch that. My body was the problem.

I sat in the living room for a little while before Sam was walking into the room.

"Okay. I convinced her to leave the twins here with you but I'm gonna take her to my place. I'm gonna take care of her, brother." Sam said as I stood up.

"I'm not staying here without her. I'll follow behind you." I said as he shook his head.

"I'd wait bro. She's freaked out...just maybe wait." Sam said as I frowned.

"I hate this.." I said quietly and looked down. "I know man. I'm gonna take care of her though. I promise I'll help you guys get through this." He said and gave me a hug.

"I know." I said as the bedroom door opened. Violet looked up at me with dewey eyes. "I'm sorry." She whispered as I shook my head.

"Don't be sorry, love." I said as she sniffled and hiked her bag onto her shoulder.