38

"Okay, girlies. We have a big day today." I said as I walked into the nursery. Today was the day of my first doctor's appointment.

I was getting excited because he was coming home in just two short days. I could tell the girls were getting a little antsy about Colby being gone because they would constantly be looking around for him.

"We're gonna see your baby brother or sister today. This is our little secret though so you can't tell daddy about it." I said as I pulled the girls out of their cribs.

"Then when we're done with that we can maybe call daddy." I said as Luna looked around the room.

"He's not here right now but he's gonna be home on Thursday, which is in only two days. Are you excited?!" I asked and sat down in the rocking chair so I could feed them. "I bet he's excited to see you." I said then fed them.

Once they were fed I brought them to the bedroom so I could get ready for my appointment. "You guys sit here, I'll be right back." I said then skipped into the bedroom.

"Are you ready to get your picture taken?" I asked and looked down at my stomach.

"I'm excited to see you." I said and rubbed my belly as I turned towards my clothes. I grabbed an outfit then went into the bathroom so I could brush my hair and teeth.

Once I was done with that I made my way out to the bedroom.

"Okay, cuties. Ready?" I asked as Nova and Luna looked up at me. Luna looked at me with a small frown as Nova chewed on her hand.

"Yeah, I know. You're sick of me." I said with a sigh then scooped them into my arms.

When I got out to the car I strapped the girls in their car seats then got in the driver's seat.

I drove us to the doctors office then got the girls out of the car so we could go in.

"Since it's just us for this appointment, I need you to be on your best behavior. I promise I'll give you lots of snuggles when we get home." I said as I walked into the building.

When I got to the waiting room I went over to the front desk so I could check in.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The receptionist asked with a warm smile. "I'm here for an appointment. My name is Violet Brock." I said and pushed the stroller so I could hopefully rock the girls to sleep.

"Perfect! I can bring you back right away." She said then stood up so she could lead me to the exam room. "A nurse will be in shortly." She said then left the room.

It felt weird being here without Colby and it felt even weirder because he didn't even know.

I thought about waiting to tell him before going to the doctor but I wanted to make sure everything was okay as soon as possible and Colby wasn't going to be back for a couple days.

We waited for a couple minutes before a nurse came in. "Hey, Violet! How are you feeling?" She asked as she walked into the room. "I'm okay, how are you?" I asked as she came over.

"I'm good. I'm just gonna take some of your vitals then I'll send Dr. Port in." She said with a warm smile.

"Sounds good." I said and carefully rocked the stroller as the girls drifted off to sleep. "How old are they?" The nurse asked as she took my vitals. "Five months." I said with a smile. "They're adorable." She said and took my blood pressure.

"Thank you." I said with a smile. "Your vitals are looking good, have you taken a pregnancy test?" The nurse asked and sat at the computer.

"Yes, I got two positive tests." I said as she nodded. "Perfect. I'll send Dr. Port in." She said then typed something into the computer before leaving the room.