157

"Baaabe..." Colby sang out as he shook my shoulder. "Hmm?" I groaned and put my hands over my eyes.

"Gotta get up." He said and brushed my hair back. "No." I said with a yawn.

"The girls are all ready and in their car seats we gotta go." Colby said with a laugh and took my hands, pulling them so I would sit up.

"You left them in the car?" I asked and frowned. "No they're in the foyer, I brought the car seats inside." He said as I sighed.

"Let me brush my teeth." I said then got out of bed. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that Colby and I completely switched roles.

I was usually up and ready to travel whereas he was always the one laying in bed, not wanting to get up.

I rolled out of bed then trudged to the bathroom. "You're really cute when you're grumpy." Colby said as he followed me.

"I had so many nightmares last night, I feel so unrested." I groaned and walked over to the sink so I could brush my teeth. "I'm sorry, baby. I wish I could help."  Colby said as I shook my head.

"You do enough. I just have to wait until my subconscious forgets everything again." I said with a sigh then turned to him.

"I'll be down in a minute. You can get the girls in the car." I said as he nodded.

"Okay, beautiful. Try to hurry, we're seriously late." He said as I nodded. "You got it." I said then turned back around to brush my teeth.

I closed my eyes while I brushed my teeth, trying to get just a few more minutes of rest.

I knew that the nightmares would eventually die down with time, but for now I was just exhausted.

I was hoping that with this vacation I would be able to relax enough for my mind to be distracted from the nightmares.

Once I was done brushing my teeth I went into the closet and got changed. I decided to wear a pair of leggings and one of Colby's sweatshirts.

I put my shoes on then made my way out to the car.

"Wow, you were fast." Colby said as I nodded. "You said to hurry." I said with a shrug. "You're the best. Let's go." He said then took my hand and started driving. "I'm nervous about flying with the twins." I said quietly.

"They're gonna be great, since I think they're gonna sleep the whole time. That's why we got the earliest flight, remember?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess I'm still traumatized from the first time we flew with them." I said with a laugh and looked back to see both Nova and Luna sleeping peacefully.

"Hopefully we all sleep on the plane." I said and turned back to face the front of the car again.

"I'll stay awake in case the girls wake up, you can sleep." Colby said as I nodded. "Thanks, baby." I said as he brought my hand to his lips.

When we got to the airport we parked the car then got out. "Okay, this is the hard part." I said as Colby and I got out of the car.

"I think we'll be okay." Colby said as I nodded. "I hope so." I said with a sigh.

I walked around the car and opened the other door so I could get Luna out of her car seat. When I opened the door though she looked over at me with sleepy eyes.

"Oh! Hi, love bug." I said quietly then caressed her cheek gently. She smiled up at me and blinked slowly.

"You should go back to sleep, sweetheart." I said quietly and pulled her car seat out of the car.