13

"I feel like we need to come with a game plan." Sam said as I stood up so I could go to my suitcase and grab my hair brush.

"What kind of plan are we talking?" I asked and grabbed my brush before returning to the bed.

"A plan so you don't get possessed or trapped in that dark void." He explained as I nodded. "Probably a good idea." I said then started brushing my hair. "The only idea." Colby said as Sam checked his phone.

"I'm gonna go grab the pizza, then we can talk about a plan." He said then left the room. "Are you feeling better?" Colby asked as I leaned back in the bed. "I'm just a little uneasy...and scared." I admitted as he nodded.

"I bet. I can't even imagine how you're feeling." He said as I frowned. "I just want to help them. I feel like I was SO close. I was there, I just didn't have time to find the door." I explained then put my brush to the side.

"Do you think it's a good idea to go back?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "I have no idea. I just know that I need to try again." I said with a sigh as I leaned onto Colby's shoulder.

"Did you actually feel when that thing grabbed you?" He asked as I nodded.

"My throat is sore. Like I can't feel the pain on the outside but it like an internal pain." I explained as rubbed my neck again. "That scares me." Colby said as I frowned.

"Why?" I asked and looked up at him. "What if it attached itself to you?" He asked as I pursed my lips. "Honestly? I feel like whatever it is has been attached to me in a while." I said and twisted my necklace.

"Why do you say that?" He asked as I shrugged. "I don't know...I feel like all of this started when we came here the first time. Whenever it's around, my abdomen hurts..right where I was cut." I said with a sigh then started picking at the blanket on my lap.

"Something is connected to me whether it's that demon or not." I said as Sam came into the room with pizza.

"What did I miss?" Sam asked as I reached for the breadsticks. "Violet thinks something is attached to her." Colby explained as Sam's eyes widened. "Oh yeah?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, but I think once I free those spirits it will go away." I said as Sam sighed.

"Well, we better come up with a plan then." He said with a grin then grabbed a piece of pizza. "What were you thinking?" I asked as Sam shrugged. "I don't know. We need to come up with something where we can know when to pull you out of the void." He explained as I nodded.

"I just don't know if I'll be able to speak or get your attention. Was I talking in person? Because I was talking in the void." I said as Colby reached for the bag with the camera in it. "Watch for yourself." He said then grabbed the camera and turned it on so I could watch the video.

I watched myself carefully, trying to take in how I was acting.

I was mumbling slightly in the video, but you couldn't understand what I was saying. It wasn't until the end when I started gasping for air. "Shit." I mumbled then took a bread stick and took a bite.

"I guess you guys will just have to judge when to pull me out." I said with a sigh. "We can come up with a word and you can try to say it if it's an emergency." Colby said as I nodded. "Something dumb like chicken finger." I said as Sam breathed a laugh.

"Interesting choice, but okay." He said as I shrugged. "I just don't see myself talking about chicken fingers to the demon." I said then took a bite of food. "Don't pull me out until I'm screaming, or I say chicken finger." I said then looked at Colby.

"Chicken finger is the safe word." He said as I chuckled. "Always." I said as Sam shook his head. "That's my cue. I'm gonna go to bed, I'm exhausted." He said then stood up. "Goodnight, Sam. We'll text you when we're up." Colby said as I nodded in agreement.

"Okay, I'm gonna look over some of the footage before I go to bed, I'll send you things if I see them." Sam said as Colby nodded. "Okay, goodnight man." He said as Sam took some food and left.

"Do you think this is going to work?" Colby asked as I sighed and took a bite of my cookie. "I have no idea. I'm honestly a little scared though." I said then leaned back against the headboard.

"I am too." Colby admitted then took a bite of pizza. "I know...It'll be okay though. We're gonna get through it. Then we'll be able to go home to our amazing daughters." I said then reached over and took his hand, twisting his ring gently.

"I miss them." He said quietly as I nodded."I do, too. I just hate that we leave them so much. I know I've said this a million times but I'm not leaving them again for a long ass time." I said as he breathed a laugh.

"I'll believe it when I see it." He said then started cleaning up the pizza stuff so we could go to sleep.

"I was really going to stay this time but you had to go to the scariest place in the world." I said with a sigh then got under the covers. "I'm actually glad you came." Colby said then got under the covers with me.

"Yeah?" I asked and looked up at him. "Yeah, I love seeing you in your element like this, even if it scares me." He said as I scooted into his embrace.

"I just hope this ritual works...I only have one shot to make it happen. I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't work." I said and rested my head on his chest.

"We'll go home to our girls and forget about this place." Colby said as I shook my head. "I don't think I can do that...especially after what I saw." I said and put my hand under Colby's shirt so I could trace his abs with my fingers.

"Then it has to work." He said then kissed my head. "Just remember that you're strong. No matter what happens, you gave it your all and you should be proud of yourself." He said quietly then reached over to turn the light off.

"It's gonna work." I said with false confidence then cuddled into Colby's chest more. "I believe in you." He said then kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, baby." I said quietly. "Goodnight, I love you." Colby said as I nodded. "I love you more." I said then closed my eyes.

When I did this, I could see the demon that I saw earlier, plaguing my vision. I opened my eyes, feeling startled from how clear it looked.

I knew I was going to have a hard time sleeping but the fact that I couldn't even rest my eyes was going to be a problem.

I sighed then looked around the room, taking in the details to distract my mind. As I did this I started thinking about how I was going to be able to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish.

I thought about what I was going to do when I got to the void. I needed to be smart and fast when I got there because if that thing attacked me then that would be a huge problem.

I needed to find a way to distract it if it came.

I brainstormed for the rest of the night, going through every option and checking the pros and cons.

I knew there was going to be no perfect way to do this but I was going to have to try. I was going to do anything I could to just open that damn door.

I ended up staying up until the sun started to rise. I knew that Sam and Colby were probably going to sleep until the afternoon at least since we had a long night.

I started to feel the exhaustion creeping up as my mind raced though.

I needed some sleep.

I sighed then rubbed my eyes with my hand, groaning slightly. "Just ignore it, V." I mumbled then closed my eyes.

When I did this I was relieved to see that I could only see the inside of my eye lids. I was going to be able to sleep for a little bit.

It only took a couple minutes before I was falling asleep. I was grateful that I was going to be able to get some rest because I knew I would need it.

I knew that tonight was going to be intense.