49

We sat and talked to bruce for a little while longer before it was time for him to leave.

Sam and Kat decided to go back to their place to grab some more clothes and stuff for themselves.

"What do you think?" I asked as he shook his head. "You're insane if you think I'm gonna be okay with this." Colby said as I sighed.

"I get that, but don't you want this to be over? The girls are already getting fussy." I said as I bounced Luna.

"I want him to be put back in jail more than anything in the world, but I'm not going to let you be put in danger for even a second. It's absolutely not happening." He said as I frowned.

"I would be watched. It's not like I would be going in alone." I said as he scoffed.

"You really trust them to take care of you?" He asked as I sighed. "I trust you to take care of me." I said as he nodded.

"Good, so you aren't doing it." Colby said as I sighed. "Okay." I mumbled then stood up so I could bounce Luna.

"I'm sorry for even considering it." I said quietly as Colby stood up.

"Don't apologize for that. I just think waiting it out will be the best option now. That may change but I'm going to keep you, the twins, and that baby inside of you safe." He said then walked over and cupped my cheek.

"I understand." I said then turned towards the little travel cots we had for the girls so I could lay Luna down.

"Can we get some food?" I asked quietly as Colby laid Nova down. "Of course, what did you want to get?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I don't care." I said then walked over to the bed and sat down. "Pizza?" Colby asked as I nodded. "That's perfect." I said and wrapped my blanket around my shoulders.

Colby laid next to me on the bed and ordered the pizza and as scrolled through my phone.

I felt so strange and didn't want to talk so I just silently went through social media.

"Are you upset?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "I just feel weird. I just don't want to talk." I said with a frown. "We don't have to talk, I'm just worried about you." He said as I shook my head.

"Don't be worried. I'll be fine." I said then looked at him. "I know, I'm still worried though." He said and brushed my hair back.

I hated that I constantly worried him and I hated how much shit we had to go through. It was all just piling on and I hated it.

Colby and I ate then decided it was time to go to bed. It was raining out, which was rare for southern California, but it was peaceful causing me to fall asleep almost immediately.

I woke up a couple hours later to the storm waking the girls up. "Shh...it's okay. I'm here." I whispered as I walked up to the cots.

Nova and Luna were both fussing and looking up at me and around the room with dewey eyes.

"I know...I'm sorry." I whispered and put my hands on their bellies, tickling them gently.

They both giggled and focused on me for a second causing me to smile. "Yeah, it's okay." I said with a smile and caressed their cheeks.

I stood there for a little while before they both fell asleep.

I sat and watched them for a little while before the emotions started boiling up. I was so sick of putting the girls and Colby in a shitty situation.

I was sick of having all of these issues surrounding me and I was sick of feeling like a victim.

I couldn't help the tears that were cascading down my cheeks as my chest tightened. I whimpered and rubbed my chest as I stood up.