148

Colby's POV

I watched Violet carefully, chewing on the disgusting bologna sandwich I had in my hand.

I hated that I couldn't be over there with her so I could punch anyone that messed with her.

I knew the guard had a point. Jail was a cold place where you couldn't show affection.

They would feed off of it and mess with me because that would make it more fun for them.

Most of these people would be here for a while and they were missing out on actual life experiences so any form of entertainment they could get, they were going to do.

I watched as a woman talked to her for a minute before she walked away.

Violet looked down at her sandwich and dropped the bread onto the tray and pushed the tray away from her.

She wrapped her arms around herself and kept her eyes down which broke my heart. "Hey, cute thing." A woman said as she sat down next to me.

"Not interested." I said and kept my eyes on Violet. "You're never gonna get her, Snake called dibs." The woman said as I raised my brows. "Who the hell is Snake?" I asked and looked at the girl next to me.

She had long stringy brown hair and she had an abundance of tattoos and piercings. She wasn't necessarily unattractive but I wouldn't call her drop dead gorgeous either.

"Him over there." She said and pointed to a big muscley guy. He had long brown hair with a big beard. He looked like he could crush me like a grape but I didn't care.

He wasn't going to touch Violet.

"What makes him think he has dibs?" I asked and looked at Violet again. She was still looking down at the table in front of her, holding herself tightly.

"I wouldn't worry about that. Whatever Snake wants he gets. Looks like he's making his move." The woman said as my head snapped in his direction.

Snake was getting up and making his way towards Violet. I felt my blood ran cold as my fists clenched.

When he got close to the table Violet kept her eyes down. He slapped his hand down causing a loud smack to sound to fill the room.

Violet flinched and looked up at him with an angry look on her face. "What?" She said as Snake chuckled. "Well are you a spicy little thing?" He asked and grabbed her chin, squeezing her cheeks.

"Don't fucking touch me." Violet said as people started crowding around. I stood up and made my way over there because I had a feeling I would be stepping in.

"I do what I want." Snake said as he reached down and put his hand on Violet's cheek.

I was about to step in but before I could do that Violet was pulling her hand up to slap the guy in the face.

"Nice try, bitch." Snake said as he grabbed Violet's wrist causing her to wince in pain. "Hey! Let her go!" I yelled as everyone turned to me.

"What are you gonna do, pretty boy?" Snake asked as my jaw clenched. Violet looked at me for a second, before her eyes glazed over slightly.

Before I could say anything she started to twitch. "Violet?" I asked just before she started to collapse.

"She's tweaking out!" Someone yelled as I pushed through the crowd to get to her. She was shaking on the ground as her eyes rolled back.

"Move out of my way!" I screamed as I tried to pull Snake back so I could get to Violet.

Snake leaned down then tried to pull Violet into his arms but I wasn't going to let him touch her.