62

A couple days have passed since we burned Peter's journal. The nausea I was feeling has honestly subsided a lot but I was still getting some intense morning sickness.

Today was our second doctors appointment with Amy. I was excited to get to see the little baby inside of me because it has been too long.

I was also really excited for Colby to be at this appointment since he wasn't at the first one.

"Babe! Let's go!" I called out as I bounced the girls in my arms. "Daddy is such a little princess." I mumbled as they giggled and looked up at me.

"Yeah, he's more high maintenance than us. I think it's because he straightens his hair." I said then turned towards the stairs.

"I'm gonna get the girls in the car!" I called out then turned to leave the house. When I got to the car I got the girls settled into their car seats.

"Are you guys excited to see your baby brother or sister?" I asked and leaned into the car so I could tickle Nova and Luna's tummies.

"Yeah! It's exciting!" I said as they giggled loudly and looked up at me. I caressed their cheeks for a second before I stepped away so I could close the door.

"There you are." I said as Colby jogged out of the house. "Yeah, sorry. I'm just running behind today." He said then got in the drivers seat.

"It's alright, we have plenty of time." I as we got settled in. "That's why I love you." He said then put his hand on my thigh.

"I wear the pants." I said with a giggle as he started driving. "I wouldn't go that far." Colby said as I turned to look at the girls.

"Girls, does mommy or daddy wear the pants?"I asked and looked at them. They looked at me through the mirrors on the back seats since they were facing backwards.

"They said mommy." I said after a moment of silence. "No, they didn't." Colby said with a laugh as I shook my head.

"Nope. They definitely did, I heard them." I said then looked out the window. "They also said that you are obligated to get me chicken nuggets and a milkshake." I said as he breathed a laugh.

"Wow they have a great vocabulary for six month olds." Colby said as I nodded. "Yeah, they're super smart." I said and put my hand on my belly.

"Maybe after the appointment we can get you some nuggets and a milkshake." Colby said as I scrunched my brow.

"Maybe?" I asked and looked over at him. "Maybe." He said then squeezed my thigh.

I knew he was trying to assert dominance which was hilarious because we both knew that neither of us wore the pants.

We were a really great team.

When we got to the doctors office we pulled Nova and Luna out of the car and got them situated in the stroller.

"Okay, cuties! Let's go see baby brother or sister!" I said then led the way towards the office. When we got inside we checked in at the front desk then went to sit in the waiting room

"Are you excited?" I asked Colby as he nodded. "Yeah, I feel bad I wasn't here for the first appointment." He said as I shrugged.

"You were in Europe. You can't really control that." I said with a laugh. "I guess. I'm here now though." He said then put his hand on my belly as a nurse came into the room.

"Come on back, Violet." She said with a smile. "Let's do this." I said then stood up. Colby stood up with me then followed me with the stroller.

When we got to the room the nurse started taking my vitals. "How have you been feeling?" She asked and took my blood pressure.