78

Warning: This chapter is going to be very mature and isn't suitable for everyone. If you don't want to read it, DM me and I'll tell you vaguely what happens. Reader discretion is advised.

Colby's POV

"There's no heartbeat." Amy said causing Violet to wail out a sob. "Oh god..." I whispered and wrapped my arms tightly around Violet. She sobbed loudly as I started to cry.

"I'm so sorry.." Amy said quietly as I scratched Violet's back, trying to calm her down.

I knew that this was going to be a huge blow for us but we would get through it, no matter how painful it was.

Violet tightened her arms around me, screaming in agony. "I'm here, baby. I'm right here." I whispered as she sobbed.

"I'm here..." I repeated. and scratched her back. "I can't do this!" She screamed causing me to tighten my grip on her.

"I know, baby....I know.." I whispered and kissed her head. It was killing me how hard this was going to be for Violet. I knew it would be hard for me but this was going to kill her.

I held Violet for a while before she finally calmed down enough for Amy to talk. "We have a couple things to discuss." She said and took Violet's hand.

"We need to get you into surgery because of what's going on." She explained as I looked up at her.

"What's going on?" I asked and wiped my cheek of the tears that were falling.

"I'm worried about hemorrhaging since that's what happened with the birth of the twins. There's already a lot of blood that's been lost so we don't want her to bleed out." Amy explained as Violet cried, bringing her hands to her face.

"I know, baby." I whispered and leaned down to kiss her head. "Will you be doing the surgery?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm gonna scrub in and get ready. I just have to go to my office. A nurse will be in shortly to  get you prepared for surgery. I'm so sorry for your loss." Amy said then smoothed Violet's hair down gently.

"What did I do wrong?" Violet whimpered as my heart shattered. "Nothing, sweetheart. You didn't do anything wrong." Amy said quietly. "Just try to get as comfortable as you can." She said then left the room.

Once the door closed, Violet looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry." She whispered as I shook my head.

"It's not your fault, V. It's not your fault." I said then wrapped my arms around her again, pulling her close.

"It's all my fault. I-I did this. I h-hurt you." She sobbed out. "Don't talk like that, baby. This hurts a lot but it's not your fault and it will never be your fault." I said and carefully ran my fingers through her hair.

We sat there for a couple minutes before the nurse from before came in.

She silently walked over to Violet and started prepping her for surgery.

I knew she didn't know what to say because she would give Violet sympathetic eyes but she didn't say a word.

"I'm gonna take you back." The nurse said then looked up at me. "I'll be waiting right here for you. Just keep being strong. I love you." I whispered then kissed Violet.

"I'm sorry." She whispered once I pulled away.

"Don't apologize. I'll be here when you wake up." I said then wiped her cheeks. "I love you." She whispered as I nodded. "I love you more." I said then looked up at the nurse.

"I'll be back to bring you to a recovery room." She said then started wheeling Violet out of the room. As soon as the door closed I started crying.