19

"Okay girls, did you want to help me make breakfast for daddy?" I asked as Ki and I walked down the stairs with the twins in our arms.

"And Auntie Ki of course." I said then winked at Ki. "Hell yeah. Can we make waffles?" Ki asked with a laugh.

"Yeah, waffles are good." I said we walked into the kitchen. "Okay, Nova girl. Did you want to go in the swing or do you want me to hold you?" I asked and looked down at her.

Nova looked at me with a smile as she reached towards me. "Okay, I'll hold you." I said with a smile then turned to the fridge.

"Did you want anything else but waffles?" I asked as I started pulling out ingredients.

"Hmm I could fuck with an egg right now." Ki said as I nodded. "Maybe some hash browns too?" I asked as she grinned. "Whatever you want to make I'll eat." She said as I nodded. "Perfect." I said then started cooking.

I was about halfway through with making the waffles when Luna wanted to be held by me. "Alright, time to switch." I said then walked over to Ki.

"Nova isn't going to be happy." Ki said as I chuckled. "What do you mean? She loves you." I said then laid Nova in her arms.

As soon as I did this she started fussing and kicking her legs out. "Oh, don't be dramatic." I said with a laugh as Ki chuckled.

"I told you, they love you so much." She said as I smiled. "Yeah, and I love them more." I said then snuggled Luna as she giggled.

I ended up spending the next hour finishing up breakfast. Right when I finished the eggs Colby came trudging into the room.

"Good morning, love." I said as the girls both squealed and reached for him. "Good morning." He said then came over and kissed my cheek.

"Hello, sweetheart!" Colby said then pulled Luna into his embrace.

"Come take this one too before she falls out of my arms." Ki said with a laugh as Nova reached for Colby. "Come here, cutie." He said then pulled Nova into his arms. "Were they a handful?" Colby asked as I started serving breakfast.

"As much of a handful as twins can be. They're sweet though, they just miss you when you're gone." Ki explained as I slid her a plate of food.

"Well the good news is we aren't leaving them for a long ass time." I said then smiled at Colby. "Yeah, we aren't going anywhere." He said as I slid him a plate of food. "Good." Ki said as I turned to start cleaning the kitchen.

I cleaned the kitchen up then took the girls from Colby so I could feed them. "Did you make an appointment to see the doctor yet?" Colby asked as I sat down, cringing at the pain in my stomach.

"Not yet. I was going to call after breakfast." I said as Ki's phone rang. "Ah, shit. Be right back." She said then skipped out of the room. "Did you want me to call real quick?" Colby asked as I nodded.

"That would be helpful."I said as he grinned. "Alright, my phone is upstairs. I'll be right back." He said then left the room. "Guess it's just us." I said then looked down at the girls.

When I did this I saw something move out of the corner of my eye, causing me to look in that direction.

"It's just your imagination." I mumbled when I saw nothing. I shook my head then pulled the girls closer as they ate.

I had an eerie feeling in my stomach as I sat in the silence. I didn't usually mind being alone in the quiet but for some reason in this moment it was uncomfortable.

"Alright, I gotta go." Ki said as she walked back in the room. "Everything okay?" I asked as she nodded and grabbed her purse. "Yep. Shawn is off work and horny so I'm gonna get laaaaid." She sang as I laughed.