140

"Good morning, Violet." Sam said as I walked into the kitchen. "Good morning." I mumbled and sat down at the island.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked and sat a glass of water in front of me.

"Alright, what about you?" I asked and took a sip of my water. "Pretty good. Are you excited for Ki's party?" He asked and sat next to me.

"Yeah, what do you think they're having?" I asked as he shrugged.

"I think they're having a girl." He said as Kat came into the room. "I know what they're having." She said with a grin and walked over to kiss Sam's cheek.

"Tell us then." I said and took a sip of water. "Nope. You have to wait. At least there will be cake involved when you guys get to find out." Kat said then went over to the cabinet to get some cereal.

"What time are we leaving?" I asked and twisted my ring. "Probably at noon. We have to pick up the cake." Sam said as I nodded.

"I'm gonna go get ready." I said then stood up. "Okay, let us know if you need anything." Kat said as I nodded.

I appreciated that Sam and Kat were letting me stay with them and I was grateful that they were taking care of me when I was at my lowest but I didn't want to be a bother to them.

I felt like a little kid that needed to be watched.

When I got to my room I sighed and went to pick out an outfit. I've been wearing the same clothes for the past couple of days because I've been struggling so bad so I decided to wear something cute.

I grabbed a blue sweater and my loose black overalls since I thought it would be cute to wear to a gender reveal.

I then went into the bathroom so I could get ready. When I got in there I grabbed my bottle of anti depressants.

I didn't like having to take medication, especially because I didn't feel like myself when I was on them.

I shook my head and put them back on the counter. I would take it a little later.

As I got ready for the party I felt the nerves bundling in my chest. I was nervous that something would happen during the party. I was nervous about seeing Colby and ruining Ki's day.

I was going to do everything in my power to not ruin her day.

I took a deep breath then curled my hair and did my makeup before brushing my teeth. By the time I was done with everything it was 11:30.

"Okay, take your pill, V." I said to myself and grabbed the bottle of anti depressants.

I sighed then poured one of the pills into my hand then popped it into my mouth and grabbed a cup of water.

I swallowed the pill then went back into the bedroom so I could put my clothes away. "Ready, V?" Kat asked as she popped her head into the room.

"Oh! You look cute!" She said as I smiled. "Thanks. Yeah, I'm ready." I said then slipped on my shoes and out of the room.

"Yeah, we're gonna be there soon. We're gonna go pick up the cake then head over." Sam said into his phone as Kat and I walked into the foyer.

"Okay, bye." He said then looked at us. "Ready?" He asked as I nodded.

"Let's gooooo!" Kat said then linked her arm through mine and led the way out to the car. "I'm gonna sit in the back with Violet." Kat said with a laugh.

"Okay, babe. Whatever you want." Sam said as Kat and I got in the back seat of the car.

"I'm so excited!" Kat squealed as I breathed a laugh. "You already know the gender.." I said as she nodded.