89

Colby's POV

"Maybe eating all this bread was a bad idea." Sam said as he leaned back in his chair, putting his hands on his stomach.

"Yeah, maybe we should just go to a hotel and sleep there instead." Kat said as Violet breathed a laugh.

"I did not build you a protection wall for you to not use it." She teased as Kat pursed her lips. "You might need to rebuild it because I ate too much pasta." She said then patted her stomach.

"I can do that if it makes you feel better." Violet said then took a sip of her water. I watched her carefully for just a minute, taking in her features.

I was so proud of her for even being here considering a few weeks ago she was crippled with sadness.

I didn't think she would be able to get back into normal life so quickly considering all of the trauma she had been through relating to death.

She was stronger than anyone I had ever met though.

"Ready?" Sam asked and stood up. "Let's go hunt some ghosts." I said then stood up.

"What's our plan for tonight? Are we going to tackle one part of the house tonight and another part tomorrow or are we just gonna wing it?" Violet asked as we walked to the car.

"I definitely want to do the Estes method again." Sam said as Violet scrunched her brow. "What's that?" She asked quietly.

"It's when someone wears soundproof headphones connected to a spirit box and we blindfold them. When we ask questions the spirits can speak through the spirit box and through the person." Sam explained as she nodded.

"Sounds cool." She said then got in the car. "I was hoping you would say that, because you're gonna go first." Sam said with a chuckle. "Alright, bet." She said as I started the car.

When we got back to the house I looked back at Kat and Violet. They were holding hands and Violet's eyes were closed.

She looked so full of concentration that her brow was scrunched, which I thought was adorable.

After a minute or so she let out a breath and opened her eyes. "Okay." She said the looked at me. "Shit. I'm sorry." Violet said as I shook my head.

"You're fine. You guys ready?" I asked as Violet and Kat nodded.

We then all got out of the car and made our way inside. "We should do this upstairs." Sam said as I nodded.

"That's a good idea. In the middle bedroom?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, here Violet." Sam said then handed Violet the spirit box and headphones.

"Thank you." She said with a smile. "You look excited." I said with a grin as we walked up the stairs.

"I am! I've never tried this before so it's exciting." She said and looked at the equipment in her hands.

"I'm glad you're excited, baby." I said then walked towards the middle bedroom that was upstairs.

Sam set up the camera while Violet and Kat sat on the bed. "Alright, and we're a go." Sam said as I painted a smile on my face.

"Hey guys, so we just went to dinner so we could gear up for our investigation." I said and clapped my hands together.

"On a scale of one to ten how excited are you for this?" I asked Violet as she hummed. "I'd say an eight. I'm kinda nervous I'll mess it up." She said as Sam shook his head.

"You won't. Just try to concentrate." He said as she looked at me.

"Are we doing this?" She asked as I nodded. "See you on the other side." She said then put the headphones on along with the blindfold. "Good luck, V." Kat said quietly.