162

"Okay, girls! Are we ready for a fun day of adventure?" Colby asked as we started driving. "What are we doing?" I asked as he shrugged.

"I thought we could drive until we figured it out. We have a dinner reservation for 8 o clock so we'll get back to the house around 7 to get ready." He explained as I nodded.

"Sounds good." I said as he held his hand out to me. "We should find something to eat because I am starving." I said and took his hand.

"We can do that. What were you thinking?" Colby asked as we drove down the road.

"Hmmm...maybe a salad. That way I can have some energy if we end up hiking or something." I said as he nodded.

"I think that's probably where we'll end up." Colby said as I looked out the window. "Yeah, that's okay though I love hiking." I said with a smile.

We drove for a while before we pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant.

It looked like it was a family restaurant of some sort, which was perfect for what we were looking for.

"I know you girls had some yummy peas but we're gonna take a pit stop to eat food before our adventure." I said then got out of the car.

"Come here, sweetheart." I said then pulled Nova out of her carseat. She yawned and looked at me.

"I know you're not already ready for a nap." I said and ran my fingers through her curly hair.

She smiled at me with shining eyes. "Faker." I said with a laugh then looked over at Colby.

He was looking at Luna, brushing her hair from face. The way he was looking at her sent my heart into overdrive.

He loved them so much.

"I think we should get our stuff to go so we can eat it at the beach or something." I said as we made our way inside. "That's a good idea. Maybe we can take the twins into the ocean." Colby said and booped Luna's nose.

"I don't know how much she'll like that." I said and bounced Nova on my hip. "Well we can try. If she doesn't like it then I'll sit on the beach with her." Colby said as I smiled.

"You girls have the best daddy in the whole world. I hope you know that." I said then walked into the restaurant.

We ordered our food then made our way to the nearest beach. We stopped the store and got some beach towels so we could lay them down and have a picnic.

"Okay, cuties. We got you some mashed potatoes, does that sound yummy?" I asked and pulled out the little container of mashed potatoes.

Luna smiled up at me as she crawled over. "Okay, hungry girl." I said then got a spoon and pulled her into my lap.

"What about you, love bug? You want some?" I asked Nova as she looked up at me, blinking slowly.

I took a spoonful of potatoes and fed Luna before I grabbed another spoonful. "Here, try some." I said and gave the potatoes to Nova.

As soon as they were in her mouth she giggled and crawled over to me.

"Alright, come on." I said then pulled her into my lap, next to Luna. I looked up at Colby to see him looking at me with so much love it made my heart skip a beat.

"What?" I asked with a small smile. "I just love you. I love you a whole fucking lot." He said as I smiled.

"I love you, too." I said as Luna squealed and reached for the spoon. "Calm down, crazy!" I said with a laugh then got another spoonful of potatoes.