67

I woke up a few hours later to Colby getting into bed with me. "Hmmm." I mumbled as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Sorry I woke you." Colby said as I shook my head. "I want french fries." I said as he breathed a laugh.

"What?" He asked as I looked up at him. "I want fries." I said as he nodded. "Alright, I'll be back." He said then kissed my head.

"Really?" I asked as he nodded. "Yup. I'll be back." He repeated then grabbed his jacket and left the room.

I chuckled then sat up, stretching my arms out. "Your daddy loves you very much." I said and put my hands on my belly.

"You're a lucky kid." I said then got out of bed and went over to the girls cribs.

I checked to make sure they were doing okay, then sat back down on the bed. I felt my stomach grumble, causing me to rub my belly again.

I tried to stay awake so I could eat my fries but I was already starting to dose off. I was on the edge of sleep when the door opened again.

"V?" Colby asked as he opened the door. "Fries?" I asked and sat up. "Yeah, baby. I have your fries." He said then held up a paper bag as I sat up. "Yayyy." I said with a smile then took the bag from him.

"You're adorable." Colby said then sat on the bed next to me. "I just think you're the sweetest." I said then pulled a fry out of the bag.

"I just think it's hilarious that you woke up and immediately wanted fries." He said as I popped it into my mouth.

"The baby wants what it wants." I said with a shrug. "And whatever it wants, it gets." Colby said then kissed my head.

"You can go to sleep now." I said as he chuckled. "I'll wait for you to finish eating." He said then stood up so he could put his shirt off and unbutton his jeans. "Want one?" I asked and held out a fry to him.

"Yeah." He said then took it from me. "Have you figured out what you and your family are doing tomorrow?" I asked as he shrugged. "No idea. What did you want to do?" He asked as I popped another fry in my mouth.

"I'm gonna make cookies with Taylor." I said with a smile. "You don't want to hang out with us?" Colby asked as I put the empty fry bag on the ground.

"I'd love to but I also want you guys to have some family time." I said as he sighed and pulled me into his chest. "You're part of the family, V." Colby said as I nodded.

"I know. I'm not blood though. You guys should be able to hang out as a family. Maybe you guys can take the girls to see the lights." I said as Colby ran his fingers through my hair. "Maybe. I wish you would come with us." He said quietly.

"You'll have fun. Remember, a little separation is good." I said with a giggle as he breathed a laugh. "Yeah. Get some rest, beautiful." He said then kissed my head. "Love you." I whispered and rested my head on his chest.

I fell asleep a couple minutes later only to wake up in the morning. Nova and Luna were both fussing in their cribs, causing me to get up.

"Hi, loves. I know it's a little weird because we aren't home." I said quietly then pulled them out of their cribs.

"Come on, let's not wake daddy." I said then walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

I sat on the toilet, then positioned them so they could eat. "Happy Christmas Eve, by the way." I said quietly as they started eating.

"You girls are going to have fun today, but when you get back then I'm gonna give you all the snuggles in the world." I said and patted their backs gently as they nursed.