81

Colby's POV

I watched as Sam got the girls out of the room. Violet was still sobbing, keeping her hands on her face.

"Shhh.....I know..." I whispered and tucked her head under my chin. "I can't do this!" Violet wailed. "Shhh...you can. Just breathe for me." I said quietly.

I held Violet for a while before she finally calmed down. I ran my fingers through her hair and tried to get her to relax even more.

She eventually fell asleep in my embrace. I was hoping she would be out for a while because it was killing me seeing her so upset.

I also really needed to go talk to Sam, Kat, and Ki. I needed them to know that Violet was going to be really fragile for a while.

I didn't want them to think that she was mad at them in any way. I knew that she wasn't mad at anyone she was just really heartbroken.

I carefully got out of bed then looked down at Violet. Her cheeks were tear stained and flushed but she looked peaceful for the first time all day.

I sighed then brushed her hair back before leaning down and kissing her head.

"You're gonna get through this." I said quietly then stood up straight and turned to leave the room.

When I got downstairs I went into the living room where Ki was crying. Sam and Kat were trying to calm her down but she was hysterical.

"Colby, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that, and I shouldn't have been so mean. I'm so sorry." Ki cried out as I walked over to the couch.

"Ki, come here." I said then opened my arms to her. She stood up and wrapped her arms around me, sobbing.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered as I shook my head. "It's okay, Ki. I would have done the same thing." I said and looked at Sam and Kat.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Kat asked quietly. "Violet didn't want anyone to know. This has broken her more than I can even imagine." I explained as Ki pulled away, wiping her cheeks.

"I can't believe this." Ki said with a sniffle. "Did they tell you what happened?" Kat asked as I sat down.

"No, it was just something that happened. Violet woke up to cramping so we went to the hospital and she got an ultrasound. They couldn't find the baby's heartbeat." I explained and scrubbed my face with my hands.

"Oh god..." Kat whispered and brought her hand to her mouth. "Violet went into surgery to get the baby out. Once she was cleared we came home. She thinks this is all her fault." I said and looked at them.

"She's not mad at any of you..she's just in so much pain." I explained. "I didn't want you to go up there because I didn't want her to see your belly." I said as Ki frowned.

"I'm so sorry...I should have listened to you." Ki said then wiped her nose. "I should have just told you." I said as she shook her head.

"Violet would be so mad at you." She said as I nodded. "I'd rather have her be mad at me than have her breakdown again." I said and picked at my pants.

"She's going to break down constantly, Colby. This is the hardest thing a person could go through and she's done it with all of her close family members." Sam explained.

"This is going to hit her harder than any of those other deaths though because she's going to feel like she failed." She said as I sighed.

"I know. I just wish I could help her." I mumbled and looked down at my hands. "You're doing the best you can." Kat said and laid her hand over mine.