40

I woke up the next morning to my stomach churning. "Fuck." I grumbled then stood up, walking towards the bathroom with my hand on my stomach.

When I got to the toilet I threw up, feeling the nausea taking over me once again. "Oh..." I grumbled and pushed my puke covered hair out of my way.

"Damn it." I mumbled then stood up shakily. When I did this I looked in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot and sunken in, probably from all the crying I did yesterday.

I sighed then went to grab the baby monitors so I could have them in the bathroom while I shower.

When I got in the shower I let myself melt against the warm water. It was so relaxing being able to have a minute to myself before the girls woke up.

I washed my hair thoroughly then washed my body and got out of the shower. As I was drying myself off the girls started crying. "Here we go again." I said quietly then quickly went to get dressed.

"Okay, I'm here." I said quietly then walked up to the cribs. "What did you angels want to do today?" I asked and pulled them out of their cribs. "Maybe we can go on an adventure." I said then sat in the rocking chair.

I fed and burped the girls before going downstairs. "What would you like to do?" I asked and bounced the girls as my phone rang.

I sighed then pulled my phone out. "Hello?" I asked and pressed my phone between my hear and shoulder.

"Hey, girl. What are you up to?" Kat asked as I sighed. "Just wallowing in self pity." I said and sat at the kitchen island.

"I know. I'm so upset but I can't even imagine how you're feeling about it." She said as I frowned. "Yeah, I'm heartbroken but we're making it work. Are you free today?" I asked as Nova took my hair and pulled it.

"Yeah, I was expecting Sam to be back today but now that he's not coming I'm free all day." Kat said as I nodded.

"Want to come with me to get my hair cut?" I asked and pulled my hair from Nova's hand.

"You're getting your hair cut today?" Kat asked as I sighed. "It's kinda spontaneous. I threw up all over it this morning, and now Nova is pulling it. I think it's a sign." I said with a sigh.

"How short would you cut it?" Kat asked as I shrugged. "No idea. I haven't even scheduled an appointment yet. I just need to do something before I get too sad." I said as Luna fussed.

"Shhh." I whispered then kissed her head. "Okay, I'll just come over and we can figure it out." Kat said as I nodded. "Okay, I'll have breakfast for you." I said as she giggled. "I love you." She said as I grinned.

"Love you, too." I said then hung up. "Okay, cuties. Let's make breakfast." I said with a sigh then put them in their swings.

When I did this they looked around the room, which broke my heart.

"I know, you're looking for daddy. He's not going to be here for a couple more days. I'm so proud of you guys though." I said then caressed their cheeks gently.

It killed me that they were missing Colby so much because there was really nothing I could do to help them with that. They just weren't old enough to understand.

"Let me face time him. Maybe if you're lucky he'll sing to you." I said with a smile then dialed Colby's number and facetimed him.

"Hey, baby girl." Colby answered as I smiled slightly. "Hi, love." I said and brushed my wet hair behind my ear. "Are you doing okay?" He asked quietly as I shrugged.

"Getting through it." I said then flipped my phone so the girls could see Colby's face.

"The girls are missing you." I said as he sighed. "Hi, sweet girls. I miss you, too." Colby said as the girls cooed and giggled loudly.