41

I woke up on the ground, feeling my muscles aching from the uncomfortable position I was laying in.

"God damn it." I mumbled then sat up, rubbing my face. I sighed then got up, feeling the heaviness that was today starting to seep into me.

I was just incredibly sad.

I sniffled then made my way to the nursery so I could check on the girls. When I got in there they were both smiling and looking up at me as they kicked their legs out.

"I wish I could be as happy as you." I whispered then pulled them out of their cribs. "We're gonna have a lazy day since mommy is sad." I said then sat in the rocking chair.

Nova rested her head on my chest first, snuggling in as Luna looked up at me.

I looked into her big blue eyes and smiled. "I love you." I whispered then kissed her head. Luna smiled wider then rested her head on my chest, snuggling in next to Nova.

"Thanks for the snuggles. Daddy might not be here but at least I have you." I said and scratched their backs.

I sat with them for a while before they got fussy. "Okay, I'll feed you." I said then positioned them to eat.

Once they were done I burped them then brought them downstairs. "We're staying in our pjs today." I decided then went into the kitchen so I could make myself some tea and grabbed some of the cookies I made.

"Okay, let's watch some movies." I said then walked towards the living room. "I think we should watch something funny since mommy is sad." I said then sat the girls on the couch.

I sat down next to them, then pulled my legs up so I could get comfortable.

We ended up finishing the first movie before my phone buzzed with a text message from Colby.

Happy anniversary baby. I've tried to call but the service is so shitty. I'll keep trying. I love you so much.

I frowned then rubbed my chest, feeling my heart ache. Everything about this sucked so bad because there was nothing else I wanted than for him to walk through the door.

Happy anniversary. I love you more, just call when you can.

I threw my phone to the side, then wiped the tears that were falling from my cheeks. I hated that I was so upset about this, because it was just something out of our control.

I hated that we couldn't be together today but the fact that I couldn't even hear his voice over the phone made it ten times worse.

"Did you girls want a bath?" I asked with a sniffle then looked over at the twins. "Maybe that could be fun." I said quietly then stood up.

"Come on." I said then grabbed them and brought them upstairs. "Maybe I'll order myself a fancy dinner, that could help." I said with a sniffle.

When I got upstairs I brought the girls into the bathroom and started running the warm water.

"See? This is fun." I said then laid them in their baby baths. I put some bubbles in the water so I could entertain the girls.

I grabbed a handful of bubbles then blew it at Nova and Luna, causing them to giggle.

"You guys are so fucking adorable." I mumbled then caressed their cheeks.

I ended up giving them a shorter bath because Nova was starting to get reallly uncomfortable. "Okay, let's get you a cold paci." I said then pulled them each out of the water.

When I brought them to the nursery I changed them then brought them back downstairs. "Okay, wait here." I said then went into the kitchen.

I grabbed a cold pacifier from the fridge then ordered myself a steak dinner. If I was going to be alone on my anniversary I was at least going to get fancy by myself.