123

Colby's POV

"Alright, explain it to me again?" Sam asked as I got the twins situated in Sam and Kat's guest room.

"The demon from the conjuring house attached itself to Violet and apparently it's slowly killing her but Violet is afraid it will try to kill us if we stay there." I explained with a sigh.

"You're just gonna let it kill her?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "Of course not. Amanda is going to come and help Violet." I said and looked down at Nova and Luna as they slept.

I could tell something was bothering them because their eyebrows were both scrunched with discomfort.

I sighed then reached down and caressed both of their cheeks gently, trying to calm them down.

"Does she think she can help?" Sam asked, breaking the silence. "I don't know. I'm gonna call her in the morning. I'm really fucking worried." I said with a sigh.

"I would be too. It must be pretty bad if she forced you to leave." Sam said as I nodded. "Yeah, even I saw the demon." I said as we made our way out of the room. "Wait, really?" He asked as I nodded.

"It looked just like Violet." I said with a sigh. "I thought it was her because she was holding the twins. When I went into the bedroom though Violet was sitting in there." I said as a shiver ran down my spine.

"Holy shit that's terrifying." Sam said as I nodded. "Yeah, thanks for letting us stay here tonight." I said as Sam breathed a laugh.

"You guys are always welcome." Sam said with a small smile.

"Thanks man. It's been a long day so I'm gonna call it a night." I said with a yawn. "Okay, just let me know if you need anything." Sam said as I walked into the guest room. "Will do. Night, man." I said quietly.

"Night, bro." Sam said as I closed the door. I scrubbed my face with my hands then sat on the bed before I pulled out my phone.

I decided to call Violet since I was nervous about her being in the house alone.

The phone rang a couple times before Violet answered groggily. "Hello?" She asked as I smiled.

"Hey, baby. Are you doing okay?" I asked quietly. There was a long pause before she answered.

"Are you okay?" She whispered. It broke my heart that she was so worried about us because she was the one in danger.

"We're fine, Violet. What's going on?" I asked and stood up so I could get ready for bed. "Amanda can't meet until tomorrow and it's haunting the fuck out of me." Violet said quietly.

As soon as she said that I felt instant regret. I should have been with her. "This isn't a good idea." I mumbled.

"It will literally kill you and the girls. That's what she told me." Violet said harshly.

"Did Amanda say she could help you?" I asked as she sighed. "She said she doesn't know what she can do to help but she's going to try. I'm really scared though." She said shakily.

"I can't even imagine how you're feeling." I said quietly. "I just want you and the twins to be okay. That's all that's on my mind." She said with a sniffle.

"We're okay over here. Just worried about you." I said and pulled my shirt off. "Try not to. I'm alright over here." She said causing my heart to swell.

"I'm really proud of you, V." I said after a second of silence. "I'm proud of you, too. I'll see you tomorrow." Violet said as I grabbed another shirt to put on. "See you tomorrow. I love you." I said as she sighed.