73

Colby's POV

"Colllbyyy." Violet sang, waking me up. "Hmm?" I groaned and brought my arm to my face.

"Happy Birthday, my love." She said then sat next to me. She put something on my lap, causing me to open my eyes.

On my lap was a tray with pancakes, bacon, toast, and a cup of apple juice on the side. "Aw, baby. You didn't have to do all of this." I said as she smiled.

"I wanted to. We have a big day today, you're gonna need some energy." Violet said then kissed my cheek.

"Did you eat?" I asked as she nodded. "I had some toast while I was cooking, I gotta go get the girls." She said then left the room.

I watched as she walked away then started eating. I thought it was absolutely adorable that Violet always wanted to make my birthday special.

I never really liked my birthday but she made it more of a celebration of the last year, rather than a celebration for the year to come.

Violet came back a couple minutes later with Nova and Luna in her arms. "Do you girls want to snuggle daddy for his birthday?" She asked then got in bed with me.

"Hi cuties." I said then opened my arms so she could sit the girls on my lap. "They are very excited for today." Violet said with a smile as Nova and Luna giggled, leaning their heads back against my chest.

"What are we doing?" I asked and continued eating. "Well, I made a reservation for Flemings so we need some fancy stuff so I thought we could go to your favorite store and pick some stuff out for you." She said as I grinned.

"That sounds perfect. We should get some outfits for these cuties." I said and bounced my legs slightly so the girls would giggle.

"Yeah, they're gonna get fancy too." Violet said with a smile then pinched Nova and Luna's cheeks.

We laid in bed for a while before it was time for us to get up. "Okay, I'm gonna feed the girls while you shower." Violet said with a smile and took the girls from me. "Sounds good." I said then went into the bathroom.

I took a shower then blowdried and straightened my hair. By the time I was ready Violet had the girls and herself ready.

When I walked into the bedroom I found myself staring at her as she waved a toy in front of each of the girls, trying to get them to giggle.

I couldn't get over how amazing of a mother she was and how beautiful she was without even trying. She was just wearing a sweater and leggings but she was beyond gorgeous and she was glowing.

I was just madly in love with her.

"Ready?" She asked, turning to me. "Yeah." I said quietly then walked over to the twins. "Do you girls want Gucci dresses?" I asked and lifted Nova up. "Oh, you want them to be fancy fancy." Violet said with a laugh as she led the way down to the car.

"Only the best for my girls." I said with a smile. "Wherever you want to go, we'll go." Violet said then got Luna situated in the car.

We ended up going to the mall so we could go to all of the designer stores.

I loved getting designer clothes but I had cut back on doing that since having the girls because having kids was messy.

I thought it was sweet though that Violet wanted to take me to get some fancy stuff because I knew she wasn't super into designer stuff.

"Will you pick something out for me?" Violet asked as we walked into Nordstrom. "You want me to pick for you?" I asked as she nodded. "Whatever you want me to wear." She said as I nodded.