152

"Are you hungry? You should drink your water..." Sam said quietly as I picked at my nails. "No, I just want they to get Colby out of there." I said then looked at Joe.

"How much longer?" I asked as he shrugged. "It depends. It could be hours, it could be days." Joe said as I clenched my jaw.

"No the fuck it won't take days. He's getting out by the end of the night." I said harshly as he sighed.

"There's nothing I can do to control that." He said as I shook my head. "Then I'll do something." I said then stood up and charged towards the desk.

"Can I help you?" The officer asked and raised his brows at me.

"I need Cole Brock to be released. Now." I said as he chuckled. "It's not that easy, sweetheart." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"Well make it easier! He's in there for no reason!" I yelled as Sam jogged over to us.

"You better sit down before I make you." The officer said as I clenched my jaw.

"You guys think you can just do whatever the fuck you want! News flash you can't! You can't just ra-" I screamed before Sam wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me away from the desk.

"SAM! STOP!" I screamed as he pulled me out of the room. "You need to calm down, Violet." He said and walked me outside.

"Calm down?! They could kill him in there! He's in danger and we need to get him out!" I asked as he wrapped his arms tightly around me, hugging me close.

"You can't get arrested again, V." Sam said gently. "I need him out of there. He stopped them from...well...from ya know. They wanted it and he took it away. They'll hurt him..make his life hell." I said and started to cry.

"Colby's tough. He'll fight back and stay together until we can get him out." He said and scratched my back.

"He didn't assault them...he was saving me. He was defending me when I couldn't." I said quietly.

"I know, but he hit them first so it's assault. I'm assuming he fucked them up because I want to kill them and I'm not even married to you." He said as I sniffled. "Yeah, I've never seen him so angry.." I said quietly.

"He was even angrier than when the demon possessed him?" He asked as I nodded. "Way angrier." I said and looked down, remembering the amount of anger that was in his voice.

I could still hear the sound of his fists slamming into the guard's face.

It was terrifying.

"Do you think it set your progress back?" Sam asked as I sighed. "I don't know. I guess I just haven't been scared of Colby because I've been scared of all of this." I said and gestured towards the jailhouse.

"That makes sense. I think it would be a good idea for you to come back to the house with Kat and I." Sam said as I frowned. "I don't know about that." I whispered as he frowned.

"I just don't want to risk anything with that." Sam said as I heard the twins cooing loudly.

Ki and Shawn were walking up to the building with the twins in their arms. I painted a smile on my face then reached for them.

"Hi, sweethearts." I said as Ki and Shawn handed them over. "I missed you so much. I know it was only a day but mommy missed you." I said as Nova giggled and grabbed a handful of my hair, waving it around.

"Yeah, let's sit inside so we can wait for daddy to come back." I said as Luna snuggled into my shoulder.

"Has there been any progress?" Ki asked as we made our way back inside. "I almost fought the police officer." I said as Ki sighed.