110

Sam's POV

I sat in Colby's hospital room while Violet calmed down Nova and Luna. "Hey, man. It would really mean a lot if you would remember Violet." I said quietly.

"I'm trying to take care of her, but I'm getting really worried. Another set back might break her past a point of return." I said with a sigh.

"I know you wouldn't want that." I said as his eyes started to flutter. "Colby?" I asked as he groaned slightly.

LWhat the fuck happened?" He asked and brought his hand to his eyes, rubbing at them.

"You passed out after your date with Violet. We think it was too much for you." I said as he pulled his hand back and looked at me. "Who's Violet?" He asked as my heart dropped.

He didn't remember Violet again.

"What's wrong?" Colby asked as the door opened. "Colby?" Violet asked as Colby looked up at her.

"Yeah?" Colby asked as I turned to Violet. "Do you...do you know who I am?" Violet asked as my heart sank.

"I don't think we've met." Colby said as Violet's face scrunched with pain, her hand going to her mouth.

"Violet.." I said as she turned and ran out of the room. "Who is that?" Colby asked as I contemplated running after her.

I decided against it because she was probably going to go to the waiting room where Kat and Ki were.

"That was Violet." I said as Colby shook his head. "And she is...?" He asked as the door opened. "Ah, you're awake." The doctor said as he walked into the room.

"Can you tell me what's going on?" Colby asked as the doctor grabbed his chart.

"You had a pretty bad accident and have been struggling with some amnesia. Can you tell me what the last thing you remember is?" The doctor asked as Colby sighed.

"Uh...we had a Halloween party last night. Is that how I hurt my head?" Colby asked and looked over at me. I shook my head with a frown. "What year is it?" I asked as he sighed. "2018." He said with a sigh.

"Okay, I'm gonna do some tests...if you want to step into the waiting room for a little while." The doctor said as I nodded.

I turned and left the room then went to the waiting room. When I got there I only saw Kat and Ki with the twins.

"Where did Violet go?" I asked as they looked up at me with confusion. "She's with you?" Ki said as I shook my head.

"Colby doesn't remember her again...she ran out but I thought she was going to come in here." I said as Ki's eyes widened.

"What do you mean he doesn't remember her again?" She asked as I sighed.

"He lost everything again..." I said as Ki frantically pulled her phone out. "What are you doing?" I asked as Nova fussed in her arms.

"She should be alone right now." She said as I took Nova. "I'll go check outside...maybe she needed some fresh air." Kat said as I nodded.

"Good idea." I said then looked at Ki. "She didn't answer." She said nervously as Nova looked up at me with a frown on her face.

"I know, we're gonna get your mommy." I said and smoothed her hair down. "This isn't good, Sam." Ki said and nervously paced the room.

"I know, just try to relax though. We don't want you to go into early labor." I said as she nodded.

"I won't. I'm just worried about her..." Ki said quietly. "I am, too." I said as Kat walked back into the room with Luna.

"She wasn't out there.." Kat said quietly. "Fuck. Try calling her again." I said and started pacing, bouncing Nova.