55

We spent the rest of our time at lunch talking to Amanda about what I could expect from being a medium.

It was so cool being able to talk to someone that knew exactly what I was going through.

"Well? What do you think?" Colby asked as we drove home. "I like her! We should hang out with her more." I said as he breathed a laugh.

"Yeah, I knew you guys would get along." He said as I grinned.

"I really hope this technique works. I fucking hate Peter and I truly want him to be gone forever." I said quietly as he nodded.

"I'm sick of him looking at my wife. Only I'm allowed to look at my wife." He grumbled as I laughed.

"Relax, you're the only one who owns my heart." I said and reached over and pinched his cheek. "Yeah, yeah." He said and kept his eyes on the road.

"Don't be grumpy. We're gonna get rid of him." I said as Colby sighed.

"What if we just moved?" He asked after a second. "You want to move?" I asked as he shrugged.

"Kinda. There's a lot of good memories in this house obviously but there's now this negative cloud over the house. Someone was literally murdered...I don't want it to effect the girls at all." He said quietly.

"How about we just start loosely looking at houses and if one sticks out we can look into it." I said as he nodded.

"Sounds good." He said then took my hand and pulled it into his lap.

When we got home I took a deep breath. "I'm ready for this." I said as Colby looked over at me. "Are you?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, when this is done I want to invite everyone over and make a dinner and desserts and all the yummy things." I said as he nodded.

"We can do that. You're honestly so hot by the way." Colby said as he turned to me. "How so?" I asked and started to get out of the car.

"You literally witnessed a murder and got sorta shot in the back not even 24 hours ago and you're already planning to throw a dinner party." He said as I laughed.

"Yeah, that usually would be pretty traumatizing but I was shot in the chest last time so this shit barely hurts. The murder was also my stalker so it's not the saddest death I've ever dealt with even if his dead body fell on me." I said as he chuckled.

"You've been through so much trauma." He said as I nodded. "Yep. Let's go get me more." I said then walked towards the house.

When we got inside I walked to the foyer, sitting down right where he was shot.

"Alright, I'm going in." I said then closed my eyes. "Wait, V..." Colby said as I opened my eyes. "Yes?" I asked as he sighed.

"Just..be careful, okay?" He asked as I nodded. " I will. I got this. Just like...close your ears." I said then smiled reassuringly at him.

I then took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I let myself focus on the brick wall in my mind before I pictured the door.

"Peter, can you please come here?" I asked quietly as I looked around. "My beautiful wife." Peter said next to me as I shook my head.

"Yeah, I want to make things between us...final. I want to be with you." I said and twirled my hair as he smiled a gross smile. "Really?" He asked as I nodded.

"Mhmm. Just go through that door. I need to get ready." I said and pointed to the door I had created.

"Okay, I can't wait to smell you." He said as I grimaced in disgust, before painting a smile on my face.