137

Colby's POV

I stayed up for most of the night, watching old videos. I watched videos with Violet in them because I missed having her around.

It felt clingy considering she's been good for only a day but it felt like way longer. It felt like it was so long because we just got my memories back.

I understood why Violet didn't want to be around me right now though. I felt dirty knowing that I put my hands on her even though it wasn't me.

I promised I would never hurt her and I promised to always be her safe space.

I feel like I let her down.

My thoughts were interrupted by the twins crying in the nursery. I was glad that I got to have them during this time because I really thought Violet would take them with her.

I knew that she needed to just focus on herself right now and I needed to focus on the girls.

"Hi, my beautiful girls." I cooed as I walked into the nursery. "Are we ready for a good day? Uncle Sammy is probably gonna come over and hang out with us." I said and pulled Nova and Luna out of their cribs.

"We're gonna have fun today." I said then walked over to the changing table.

Nova looked up at and stuck her tongue out as I laid both her and Luna on the changing tables.

Luna was looking around the room with her lip puffed out slightly. "I know, you miss mommy...I miss her too." I said then brushed my fingers along her cheek causing her to look at me.

"Mommy loves you girls so much and that's why she can't be here right now. She'll be back soon though." I said then carefully started to change them.

Once they were both ready for the day I scooped them up and into my arms.

"Let's go get some breakfast. Does that sound good?" I asked the girls as I made my way down the stairs.

Nova giggled and put her hand on my cheek as Luna rested her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I love you girls." I said then kissed each of their heads as I walked to the kitchen.

When I got there I set the girls up in their highchairs. "Okay, girls. Do you want apple sauce?" I asked as they both giggled and pounded on the trays in front of them with their hands.

"Okay, okay." I said with a grin then grabbed the applesauce and two spoons.

"Come on, cuties." I said then grabbed a spoonful of applesauce and went to feed Luna.

As soon as I did this Nova started screaming and pounding her hands on the tray. "Woah! Calm down, sassy. You're next." I said with a laugh then fed her a spoonful.

I didn't realize how hard it was to take care of both girls by myself. I had done it for short amount of time but I had a feeling this would be for a while.

It made me realize how strong Violet really was. She took care of both girls for a long time mostly by herself and she never complained.

She was such a good mom.

I ended up feeding the girls before my phone started ringing. "Hey, man." I answered and did the dishes.

"Hey, brother. Kat is taking Violet to therapy, did you want me to come over?" Sam asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, that would be really helpful." I said as Luna started fussing, reaching towards the ground. "Okay, I'll be over soon." Sam said then hung up.

"Okay, my love. Let's go to the living room so I can watch your crazy butt crawl around." I said then grabbed Luna and propped her on my hip.

"And you little bear. Let's go." I said then lifted Nova up and propped her on my other hip. "Let's go." I said then walked towards the living room.