135

I ended up staying up for most of the night, sitting on the ground and crying.

I felt like I needed to be medicated from how sad I was so I was glad I was going to therapy today.

"Violet? Are you awake?" Kat asked as I sniffled and stood up. "Good morning, beautiful." Kat said as she walked into the room.

"Oh...did you sleep at all?" She asked and looked at me. "No." I mumbled and wiped under my nose.

"Oh, V...I wish I could help." She said and gave me a hug. "You are helping me by taking me to therapy." I mumbled then went to my suitcase.

"Yeah, I think it's gonna help." She said then sat on my bed.

"When is my appointment?" I asked then started getting changed. "In like 45 minutes. So if you want to get ready I'll make you some breakfast." She said as I nodded. "Thanks, Kat." I said then went to go into the bathroom.

I washed my face and put my hair into a bun. My eyes looked empty and my cheeks were swollen from the tears.

I brushed my teeth then turned away from the mirror so I couldn't look at myself anymore.

I finished getting ready then went into the kitchen where Kat was making breakfast. "You really don't have to do this." I said quietly as she turned to me.

"I want to! You deserve to have food made for you." She said then handed me a bowl of eggs.

"Eat up. We'll leave in ten minutes." Kat said as Sam walked into the kitchen. "Good morning, baby." Sam said and walked over to Kat, kissing her cheek.

I felt my heart seize up slightly at their affection because it made me miss Colby.

I knew I could walk back into his life with no questions asked but I didn't want to bring him any more pain.

I needed to get help for myself so I could get back to him.

"How'd you sleep, Vi?" Sam asked as I pushed my eggs around my bowl. "I didn't." I mumbled and looked down.

"Maybe you'll be able to take a nap after your appointment." Sam said with reassurance.

"Yeah. We should go, I don't want to be late." I said and looked at Kat. "Oh, yeah I guess you're right." She said then looked at Sam.

"I'll see you later, babe." She said then kissed Sam. "Bye guys. I'm gonna go and do some work so I may not be home when you get back." Sam explained as Kat grabbed her keys.

"Okay, just text me." Kat said then linked her arm through mine. "Let's go!" Kat said then led the way out to the car.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as we got in the car. "I don't know. I'm a little nervous." I said and picked at my nails.

"I know. There's nothing for you to be worried about though. We are all so proud of you for taking this step." Kat said as she started the car.

"I'm just hoping it helps." I mumbled and looked down at my lap.

I was honestly nervous that Sarah wouldn't be able to help me. I was also worried about how I was going to explain this.

I knew I would sound like an absolute moron trying to explain that Colby was possessed by a demon.

I spent the rest of the drive trying to figure out how I was going to explain that but I couldn't think of anything.

I was just going to have to be honest.

"Ready for this?" Kat asked as I nodded. "Yeah. Thanks for coming with me.." I said as she nodded. "We're gonna get through this together." She said then opened her door.