104

"Violet, I love you, but you need to shower." Ki said as I walked down the stairs. "That was rude, wasn't it girls?" I asked and looked at the twins, who were perched on my hips.

Nova looked over at Ki as Luna giggled and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I agree." I said as Ki laughed. "Dude, your hair is 50 shades of gross." She said as I chuckled.

"Yeah, my husband is MIA. Who am I supposed to be impressing?" I asked as Ki sighed. "I think it will make you feel better." She said as I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Will you watch the girls?" I asked as she nodded. "Yep. I'll feed them and let them crawl around and stuff." She said then walked over and took them from me.

"Cool. Thank you." I said then gave her a grateful smile.

"Got you, babe." She said then turned to go into the kitchen. I sighed then went upstairs so I could shower.

I knew I wasn't taking care of myself like I should have been but it felt pointless.

It had been a week since Colby got home and over a week since he's been awake and he still hasn't remembered anything.

I was really starting to lose hope that he would ever get anything back but I was never going to give up on him.

I called Sam daily, asking him for updates but there really weren't many. Nothing he was doing was working which was getting worrisome.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts as I turned the shower on. I made the water as hot as it could go then took my clothes off.

When I looked in the mirror I noticed that I had lost a lot of weight.

I was barely eating and when I would I would feel sick. It was only getting worse with every day that I didn't have Colby.

I was using all of my energy taking care of the girls because they were the most important thing.

They were starting to really miss Colby but I was doing my best to keep them as happy as possible.

I was going to do anything to make sure they were happy.

I turned away from the mirror then got in the shower, letting the water burn my skin.

I closed my eyes and sighed, trying to relax a little bit. My mind drifted back to Colby every time I would relax though.

I missed the way he would kiss me when I was sad. I missed the way he would hold me close when I was scared so I could hear his heartbeat.

I missed the way he would tease me and I missed the way it felt to be in his arms.

I shook my head and sighed, grabbing the shampoo so I could wash my hair.

I took my time washing my hair and body. I even took the time to exfoliate and pamper myself since Ki was right.

I needed to try and feel better.

When I was done showering I blowdried my hair and changed into a fresh pair of sweats.

I was running out of Colby's clothes that smelled like him which was stressing me out. Wearing his clothes was actually keeping me sane.

Once I was dressed I left to go downstairs. I opened my mouth to call out to Ki but was interrupted by someone knocking on the front door.

I scrunched my brow then walked over to the door, opening it.

I felt my heart stop when I saw Colby standing there with his back turned to me.