20

I woke up a few hours later to the girls crying. "Hmmph." I huffed out then got out of bed. I slowly made my way to the nursery, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

When I walked into the room I walked over to the cribs to see both of the girls looking up at me as they sobbed loudly.

"What's going on, cuties?" I asked with a frown and pulled them each out of their cribs. "Did you have a little nightmare?" I asked and bounced them, trying to get them to calm down.

"Shhhh...I know" I whispered as a chill ran down my spine.

I gasped then turned around, looking behind me. When I did this I saw the demon, standing in the corner, causing me to hold the girls tighter to my chest.

"Get out!" I yelled, shielding the girls from it. It growled at me as anger boiled within me. "GET OUT!" I screamed as the girls cried.

I watched as the demon moved away from the wall taking a step towards me.

"Violet?!" Colby yelled as he ran into the room, causing the demon to disappear. "Are you okay?" He asked as I stared at the wall where the demon was just standing.

"Violet." Colby said and pulled my shoulder gently so I would look at him.

"What's going on?" He asked as I sighed. "It followed me." I said quietly as the girls cried. "What do you mean?" Colby asked as I bounced Nova and Luna.

"It followed me home. It was standing right there." I said and nudged my head in the direction of where it was standing.

"Are you serious?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah...Can we bring the cribs into our room? I don't want the girls to be alone." I said as they finally calmed down.

"Yeah, just go ahead and bring the girls to the bedroom I'll grab the cribs." He said as I nodded.

"Come on, girls. You're gonna sleep in the same room as mommy and daddy..." I said quietly then walked towards our room.

It scared me that the demon followed me home because not only was it tormenting me but it was going after our girls.

I needed to get rid of it.

I ended up standing in the bedroom, rocking the girls. Colby carefully dragged both of the cribs into our room.

"I'm so sorry." I said quietly as Colby came over to take Nova from me. "It's not your fault, V. We just have to do something." He said then rocked Nova to sleep.

"Yeah, immediately." I said and rocked Luna until she fell asleep in my arms.

Once the girls were asleep we laid them in their cribs then we got in our bed. "What are we going to do?" Colby asked as I scrubbed my face with my hands.

"I don't know...we have to find someone who can actually help us. We can do that after we go to the doctors appointment." I said and looked at him.

"It's gonna be okay, V. I know this is scary but we're going to get through this." Colby said then wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close.

"I just don't want it near the girls. I don't want it near me either but if it touches the girls I'll lose my mind." I said quietly as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"I know, love. We're going to get this taken care of then we won't have to worry about it anymore." He said as I nodded. "I just feel bad because it's all my fault." I said and tried to relax.

"It's only mildly your fault." Colby said with a laugh as I chuckled. "Thanks, babe." I said as he kissed my head. "You're welcome, dork. Try to get some rest." He said then pulled me closer.