134

When Sam walked into the room I was sobbing, trying relieve the pain in my chest.

"Hey...come here." Sam said and opened his arms to me. "I just feel so crazy, Sam." I sobbed out as he pulled me into him.

"You're not crazy, V. You're scared." He said and scratched my back. "Of my husband who loves me." I sobbed out into his shirt.

"I know it's hard but I'm gonna bring you home. Then we can sort this out." He said and pulled away to look at me.

"We're bringing the girls." I said as he shook his head. "I don't think that's a good idea, V." He said as I frowned.

"They're my daughters, Sam." I said and looked over at the girls. They were both laying in their cribs, looking up at Sam and I.

"They're also Colby's daughters and I feel like you need to put your focus on yourself right now." Sam said as I sniffled.

"I don't know if I trust him..." I whispered, rubbing my chest with my hand.

"Violet. You and I both know that Colby loves those girls more than anything in the world." Sam said and looked at me with determination.

"I understand why you could be scared about what happened but I was there. I saw him change his demeanor. I saw the demon take over him and I saw him try to kill you. It wasn't him and it will never be him." Sam said as I shook my head.

"It's not that easy, Sam..." I whispered and chewed my lip. "I know it's not but it's not fair to take the twins away from him. They're his kids too, V." He said as I nodded.

"I guess you're right...I just don't want him to hurt them." I mumbled as he shook his head.

"He won't. You just have to trust me on that one. Do you trust me?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I trust you." I said as he nodded.

"Good, now finish packing. I gotta talk to Colby." Sam said then patted my arms.

I nodded then turned towards my bag. I put the rest of my stuff in it then went over to the girls.

"Okay, loves. Daddy is going to take care of you while mommy takes care of herself." I explained and caressed their cheeks.

"Daddy won't hurt you...he would never hurt you.." I whispered, trying to convince myself of that.

I knew deep down he wouldn't do anything that would hurt the girls but there was always a chance that he could.

That was why I needed to go to therapy.

I leaned down and kissed the girls' cheeks then gave them their favorite blankets before leaving the room. I could feel my eyes watering as I looked up at Colby.

He looked so distraught and upset that it absolutely broke my heart.

"I'm sorry.." I whispered as Colby shook his head. "Don't be sorry, love." He said as I sniffled and hiked my bag onto my shoulder.

I walked up to him, walking slowly. When I got to him I looked up into his eyes.

"I love you....please don't forget that." I said then wiped my cheeks since there was a steady stream of tears flowing down them.

"I'll never forget that. Ever." Colby said as I nodded and turned to leave the house before I would melt down.

I went out to the car then threw my bag into the back seat then got in the passenger's seat.

I found myself getting really emotional because it felt like I was leaving Colby for a long time.

This whole situation sucked so bad because I loved him with my whole heart.