Chapter 2: Dursleys

Y/n Pov:

"Please Uncle Remy, it's just two weeks" I said trying to convince them to let me stay at Harry's for two weeks. He were being completely unreasonable.

"You could get hurt, or someone could attack you!"Uncle Remus replied. "Come on Remus, we can send one of the members with her" Dad said. "I don't need protection" I replied. "You do" they both chorused.

"Harry is at his place with the Dursleys, he's been there the whole summer, what about him? He can protect himself but I can't? I saved Harry from Voldemort! I can do spells better than most, you said so yourself! I escaped the killing curse twice, I can protect myself!" I yelled.

"Escape the killing curse? Save Harry from Voldemort?" Dad asked. "Lily and James protected you the first time, but what do you mean twice?" Uncle Remus asked. I hadn't talked to them about what happened at the graveyard, I didn't even want to think about it.

"Princess, what happened at the graveyard?" Uncle Remus asked. "Come on, tell us" Dad added.

"God you both are like an old couple" I replied chuckling softly. "Fine, I'll tell you, but it isn't rainbows and cupcakes" I added sighing. I spent the next half an hour telling them everything, choking up tears half of the time.

"So, am I allowed to go now?" I asked wiping away my tears. "What you just told us shows it's too dangerous" Uncle Remus replied. "Dangerous how?" I asked. "You could have died!" he yelled. "You could have gotten hurt!" dad yelled.

"Great, so that means I'm not going" I said walking away. "Princess.." Uncle Remus said.

I walked upstairs. "Quite a heated discussion" Fred and George chorused. "Oh hey boys" I replied. "You okay?" Mione asked. I nodded. "So that was happened?" she asked.

"I guess I'm not going to Harry's sadly" I replied sighing.

I heard a knock on the door an hour later. It was Dad and Uncle Remus. "We discussed it, with each other" "also getting a whacking from Molly" "And a lecture from Remus" They said.

"I guess you could go" Dad said. "Only if you write to both the weeks" Uncle Remus added.

"Thank you, and yes I'll write to you" I replied smiling. I grabbed the bag on my bed and put it over my shoulder. "You're going now?!" Dad exclaimed. "Yea, I am" I replied.

"You already packed?" Uncle Remus asked. I nodded yes. "Out of curiosity, what would you have done if we had said no?" dad asked. "I guess we'll never find out" I replied. They chuckled at my response.

"I love you both" I said hugging them before leaving. "We love you too" they replied. "Looks like you've gone soft old friend" Uncle Remus said to dad. "Maybe it's the magic of Y/n Black" he replied.

I got onto the knight bus, and was dropped off at a park in little Whining, Surrey.  I knocked on a brown door, of a house similar to the ones around it. The name 'Dursleys' was on the name plate.

"And who might you be?" A man who looked in his early forties asked as he opened the door. He must be Mr Dursley, exactly how Harry described him. 

"I think Harry might have mentioned a friend of his wants to stay over?" I asked. "He never said anything about- give me a second" he replied walking away, leaving the door ajar.

"He never mentioned that she was a girl" "We can't allow her here, what are people going to say? She may be street vermin for all we know" I heard them whisper.

I knocked on the door again. "The boy never told us-" "Aaaaah!" The man was interrupted by who I presume must be Mum's sister, Petunia Dursley. She screamed when she saw me, merlin knows for what.

"She- she looks like her" Mrs Dursley said as she collected herself. "Close the door before someone sees her, quick Vernon!" she yelled. Mr Dursley was very confused as he motioned me inside the house and closed the door.

"What's your name?" Mrs Dursley asked. "Y/n" I replied. She started to wail. "Vernon she's Lily's child" she whispered into Mr Dursley's ears. "What's going on Mummy?" A stout boy who looked around 15 asked walking in on the scene of Mrs Dursley wailing.

"Who are you?" he asked turning to me. "I'm Y/n, a friend of Harry's" I replied. "Friends as in?" he asked. "She's your second cousin Dursley, my mother's sister's child" Mrs Dursley replied.

"Yea, and I'm Harry's cousin too" I added. "Y/n!" I heard Harry say. "Harry!" I replied smiling. "This is the friend I was talking about" Harry said turning to Mr and Mrs Dursley. "Can she stay? I've done everything you've told me to" he asked.

"Of course not!" Mrs Dursley replied. "That is the only thing I have ever asked of both of you!" Harry yelled. "We don't owe you anything. We raised, gave you food from our table, gave you a place to live, all out of the kindness from our hearts, and this is how you treat us" Mr Dursley replied.

"Am I allowed to stay Aunt Petunia? I think you may owe her" I said turning to Mrs Dursley. "She-she can stay" she replied.