Chapter 86: One big happy family

Y/n pov:

I woke up in my bed. I had no idea as to how I got there. My clothes were different and there were socks on my feet. Fuzzy ones might I add. 

It all pointed to one person. Pansy. "Thanks P" I said waking up. "Draco brought you in last night after you fell asleep on him" she explained. "And he brought these for you earlier" she said handing me a bouquet of flowers. They were beautiful. 

I met up with uncle Remus and dad a few hours later. We walked around hogsmeade and they asked me about school. 

"This  is from Sirius" uncle Remus said handing me a box wrapped in black felt. I opened it to find a picture of dad and I from when I was a baby. He didn't have his beard and had shorter hair. I looked so happy.  "It was taken after they died" Uncle Remus explained. "Thank you dad" I said hugging his animagus form. 

"And this is from me" Uncle Remus said handing me two boxes wrapped in green paper. One had a key and an address inside. "It's a key to our house. It never occurred to me that I never gave you one. The address belongs to mine and Tonks new place. It's right nearby" he explained.

Oh. I was never going to live with me again. He had a new family and he didn't want me anymore. Tears began forming in my eyes. I wiped them away before he noticed. 

"Open the second one" he said excited. It was a book. I opened it to find notes, hundreds of them. "I wrote one for every week that I had you with me. Now that you've grown up I though you should have it" he said.

Our adventures were over. He was getting rid of his previous life. "Thank you" I said hugging him. I savored every moment we hugged, who knew when it would happen again. 

"Where is Knott?" Uncle Remus asked. "Sirius and I wanted to talk to him last night" he stated. "He was sick and was sent home. He'll be back after the holidays" I replied. "I hope you understood that by talk we meant beat up" he explained. "I understood" I replied.

"We saw Mcgonagal again yesterday" dad said. "He asked us about your ambition" he stated. "What is your ambition? What do you want to do after Hogwarts?" Uncle Remus asked. They just wanted to get rid of me. Even Hogwarts wanted to. 

"I don't want to talk about that ever" I stated. "Princess?" dad asked confused. "I'd prefer it if you left me alone. Not that I already don't feel lonely. You've got you shiny new family Uncle Remy and you've got Harry dad. Why are you here? To say goodbye to your previous lives?" I burst.

I ran away from them, leaving them behind. 

I ran into the office and slumped to the floor. I burrowed my head into my knees and I cried. I cried again. Having Draco was a great comfort but it didn't fill the hole I was feeling now. I felt two arms wrap around me.

"You're going to be alright" I heard Draco say. "They want to get rid of me" I said. "Who?" he asked. "Everyone" I said wiping my tears away. "No one would ever want to get rid of you. I assure you." he replied. "Uncle Remus is moving out of our house to live with Tonks and he gave me the house key. Dad gave me a picture he treasured so dearly. They're getting rid of their old lives, their old memories" I explained. 

"I think it's time for my gift" he said handing me a box. I opened it to reveal a key. "Another key?" I asked. "It's the key to my house. I want you to always have a place you could come to." he explained. "To your house?" I asked. "Our house. But if it's too soon I apologise-" I cut him off with a kiss.

"You make me feel so very happy" I said pulling away. He responded with a hug. "Now tell me how Hogwarts wants to 'get rid of you'" he stated. "Everyone keeps asking me for my ambition. Where I want to be after Hogwarts" I explained. "And have you? Thought about it?" he asked. "You don't understand. I never thought I'd make it to my tenth birthday let alone finish school." I replied. "Well you are going to. And you've got plenty of time to decide" he said.

"I guess there's a part of me that thinks that I won't make it out. That I won't graduate or live a life of my own" I stated. "You are more than smart enough to graduate my love" he said. "It's not about smartness Draco, I don't think I'll even be alive long enough to finish school" I stated. "I will not leave your side and I promise to protect you unconditionally. You will survive." he stated.

"I wish I would believe you. I've had this feeling for so long, like I'm going to die tomorrow, like I won't make it to the end of the year. And I've been so close to it so many times." I explained tearing up. "No one will hurt you, no one. I won't let you hurt yourself either. You are the only good thing in my life. Call me selfish but I won't loose you. I would burn anyone to prevent a scar on you. Just like you would do for me. Just like I know you wouldn't hesitate to" He said.

He wiped away my tears and we held hands. I was so vulnerable but I had no problem with it. We were strong for each other. I held his hand and he held mine. I had his back and he had mine. I would die for him and so would he for me. 

I walked up to Uncle Remus and dad in Mcgonagal's office. "Are you alright princess?" dad asked. "We never meant to give you the impression of leaving you. I won't move away with Tonks if it hurts you." Uncle Remus said. 

"That's not fair" I replied.

 "That's not fair to your fiance. She will one day be your wife and your loyalty should be with her. And I'm never against that, I love Tonks. But it hurt knowing that our adventures were over, that it wasn't just the two of us. Tonks gave way for me to be with you, she's amazing like that. But she shouldn't have to, you're my godfather, not my father. And it high time I realised that. You were my Uncle Remy and I was your princess-"

"And it will always be that way. I don't have a new family Y/n, we're just adding members to one that already exists. We are big one family. Me, you, your dad, Tonks, all of us are just one big happy family." he stated.