Chapter 81: Merry Christmas

Y/n Pov:

"Y/n?" Pansy said waking me up. "We've got a bit of a situation" she added. "What kind of a situation?" I asked. "One where Knott is in the infirmary with loads of trouble breathing" she said. "Not that he doesn't deserve it, but everyone's pointing fingers at you after last night" she added. "What?" I said getting up. 

"Now there's sympathetic looks for you at every corner" she said. "That's the last thing that I want." I replied sighing. "Listen to me Y/n, you were amazing last night" she said holding my hands. "You did it, didn't you?" I asked. "I spiked his tea to make him burn from the inside" she replied. "Creative" I stated. "But he never drank it, he was taken to the infirmary before that" she said.

Then who would it be? Draco?

"I'm going to see him in the infirmary later" she said. "And bring him his tea" she mumbled. "I love you P" I replied. "See you later?" she asked. "Yeah" I replied as she left.

"Draco?" I called out as I walked into the boys dorm. "You know?" he asked. "An educated guess" I replied. "Thank you" "Sorry" we chorused. "What?" we chorused again looking at each other. 

"I didn't do bad?" he asked. "The perfect amount of bad" I replied. "I couldn't let him go again" he stated. "I bruised him up pretty bad" he added. "Pansy told me he had trouble breathing" I stated. "More or less" he replied. "Thank-" "You don't ever have to thank me" he interrupted. I blushed slightly in response. "See you around Dray" I replied before walking away.

"Y/n!" Harry exclaimed running up to me. Just what I need. A very concerned brother.

"I heard everything, are you alright?" he asked. "Yes I am Harry, yes I am" I replied.  "He did it again, didn't he?" He asked. "He did, it was sweet" I replied. "What is sweet about someone hurting you like that?!" he exclaimed. Oh yes, Theodore. 

"Sweet as in..... the way I threw him across the room. It was incredibly sweet indeed" I stuttered. "Okay? I think?" he replied confused. "See you around" I said before walking away. "We've got potions together" He yelled from the distance. I walked away ignoring him. 

Whatever was wrong with me? Had I become so smitten with Draco? He did break my heart. But he did it for a good cause. He's been protecting me in ways I can't protect myself. He was there for me yesterday, holding me as I processed it all. I can't let anyone know I feel like that, let alone him.

"Y/n?" I heard Malcolm say breaking my chain of thought. "Hello Malcolm" I replied. "What's got your mind occupied?"He asked. "More like whom" I mumbled. "Nothing Malcolm" I stated. "Alright" He said. "So what's been happening? Other than the Knott scandal" He asked. "Nothing really, except for the party that's in a week" I replied.

And there it came. The supposed solution to my Draco obsession. "Has anyone asked you to Slughorn's party yet?" I asked. He shook his head no. "Would you want to go with me?"I asked. "As...?" He asked. "As unlabelled?" "Definitely" he replied. "See you around" I stated before walking away.

Did I just do that?

"You're kidding me about Malcolm right?"Pansy asked a week later. "Not really" I replied. "You don't like him!!" She exclaimed. "I don't like anyone!" I yelled. "What about Draco? Cuz you have been talking about him nonstop" She stated crossing her arms. "It's too complicated" I replied. She sighed in response. 

"I'm going with him.but I'll be with Mione all evening" I stated. "Fine, but I'm rooting for you and Draco" She replied. "Also, this came for you" she added handing me a box. I opened it to find a note and an emerald necklace inside. One that matched the bracelet Draco gave me.

Dear Y/n

Merry Christmas! Yes, I know I'm early.

I've been busy lately so I decided to write whatever I wanted to say. I love Christmas because you love it, always have and always will. It's one of the simplest times in our lives and Salazar knows that things have been anything but simple. I'm sorry for the way I've become Y/n, maybe one day we'll patch things up. 

Love,                                                                                                                                                                                    Draco