Chapter 78: For Salazar's sake

Y/n Pov:

A month went by and things were going better than I expected for once. They were all such quick learners with open minds. I still had to hide the Salazar's army of course, especially from Harry. Our recent sessions with Dumbledore as we explored Tom's mind made Harry's mind quite vulnerable to Dumbledore and what we were doing wasn't exactly, what would you call it, legal. 

I preached Salazar's ideas alongside my own, each class tailored to my liking and each element under my control. A beautiful growth environment for me. I taught them how to control and handle minute amounts of dark magic and transfer it. I remember Daphne's face all too well when she first held a clump of dark magic. Maybe I could make something out of us. 

Theo and I were in a good spot. We spent a lot of time together, especially in the tunnels. 

I was also in the Slug club, not one about slugs, hosted by professor Slughorn. We had a wonderful dinner once, except for Mclaggen looking at me Mione in turns. Merlin he was so very annoying. 

"How have things been Y/n? You seem happier now" Mione asked as we walked through Hogsmeade after meeting professor Slughorn. "It has been a good couple of days" I replied smiling. "Oh?" Harry said. "Are you seeing someone?" Ron asked. "Maybe" I replied. "What? Who?" Harry asked. "Theodore in our year" I replied. 

"As in Theodore Knott?" Ron asked. I nodded in response. "Bloody hell Y/n, have you got a thing for all the secluded ones?" Ron asked. I shrugged. "Especially the emotionally cut off ones. Tom, Malfoy, now Knott" Harry stated chuckling. "You aren't that open either brother. Remember Cho? You couldn't tell her you liked her even once" I replied. Ron and Mione laughed in response. "For how long?" Mione asked. "Almost a month since we made it official" I replied. "So the pocket watch is for him?" Harry asked. I nodded.

We were talking near the bridge when we sae Katie and Leane arguing in the distance. In the blink of an eye Leane let out and ear piercing scream as Katie rose to the air. The four of us rushed towards them. "I told her not to touch it, I told her not to touch it" Leane sobbed. 

I closed my eyes and I could feel the dark magic in Katie's body. It was deeply embedded within her, taking the life force out of her. I could almost touch it, grip it even. I pulled ever so hard and with a thud Katie fell to the ground. I got by her side, feeling her pulse. She was still alive, barely, but alive.

"Nobody touch her, out of the way!" Hagrid shouted as he ran towards us. "She needs treatment from St Mungos" I stated as Hagrid picked her up. He nodded in response. "Out of the way" Hagrid said walking away. 

Harry, Ron, Mione and I stood in Mcgonagal's office waiting for her. "Why is it when something happens, it is always you four?" She asked. "Believe me professor, I've been asking myself that for some time" Harry replied. 

"I think it was Malfoy who did it professor" Harry stated. "And why is it that you think so?" Professor Mcgonagal asked. "I just know it professor" he replied. 

"Well, without proof I cannot consider your statement Mr Potter" she replied before dismissing us. 

Harry, for once in his life, was right. I felt the magic signature from Katie, it was Draco's. "I'll meet you guys later" I stated before walking away from the three of them. 

"How dare you!" I shouted walking into the Slytherin boys dorm. "Y/n, what's the matter?" Theo asked. "I'm going to need a moment alone with him" I replied pointing to Draco. "How dare I?" Draco asked. "I know it was you who was behind Katie's curse today. Does the opal necklace ring a bell?!" I exclaimed.