Chapter 79: So you and Knott?

Y/n pov:

It wasn't the first case of someone hurting themselves in Slytherin. Theo used to hurt himself before, to be blunt, because of the guilt of how he used to be. Once we found out, we got him help. It was his big forgiving. Even Harry and Draco found it in their hearts to forgive him.

So why was it I felt anger towards Draco still? Why was it that I couldn't bring myself to forgive him?

Maybe I was angry at myself.

I couldn't even bring myself to see him in the infirmary. He needed a few days to rest, according to Madame Pomfrey. Other than the five of us who were there, everyone was told that he had caught a stomach bug.

"Anyone home?" Theo asked snapping me from my chain of thought. "You've been out of it the past few days. Anything happened that I should know about?" he asked. "Nothing" I replied. "You are so far from here. Are you sure there's nothing?" he asked. "Nothing" I repeated. "Do you even know what day it is today?" he asked.

"Yes, happy one month Theo" I replied. He examined me for a few seconds.

"Well, happy one month Y/n" he said handing me a small box wrapped with piece of silk. "Thank you" I replied smiling. "Looks elegant" I added. I opened it to reveal a navy blue dress. "There's a sort of ball next week that a couple of the Slytherins in year 7 are throwing. I was thinking we should go, if that's okay with you?" he asked.

A ball? He knew I wasn't alright. "Yeah, um, sure" I replied. "It looks pretty" I added, setting the box aside. I planted a quick and small kiss on his cheek and pulled out a cloth bundle from my dresser and handed it to him.

"A stopwatch, to act as a canvas for all your modifications to engineer whatever experiment of time you desire" I explained. "That's beautiful, thanks Y/n" he replied, placing the stopwatch into his pocket and pulling me into a kiss.

"Y/n, he's back" Pansy said walking into the dorm. I pulled away from Theo immediately. "He is?" I asked walking towards her. She nodded in response. "Who's back?" Theo asked. "Draco" Pansy replied. "I need to see him" I said before running to the boys dorm.

Draco was at his table, writing. "Draco" I said stepping in. "Y/n" he said getting up. I pulled him into the tightest hug I had ever given. Tears streamed down my face as I heard sobs from him. "I'm sorry" we chorused, immediately pulling away. We looked at each other, lumps forming in our throats every time we tried to speak. "Do sit" he eventually said, motioning towards his bed.

"I've got a few questions, if that's alright" I stated. "Of course it is" he replied. "But first, I want to say something" he added. I nodded in response. "I feel like a blithering idiot" he said, seating himself beside me with a distance. "You shouldn-" "But I do. I've been stupid, to worry you like that, to make you feel that way. I hurt Katie, I took advantage of the second chance you gave me." he interrupted.

"I know Draco, I know. And I know why you did it all, and why you can't stop. I'm sorry I got so angry at you, despite knowing it. I wasn't sure you had the dark mark, but now I am." I replied. "I'm evil Y/n, now part of the lowest of lows. Worse than that, I'm stupid too. I couldn't stand up to him, not when you were on the line" he sobbed.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, you are anything but. You work for him, but you know the consequences of not. That doesn't make you stupid, or evil but a man I want on my side" I consoled. He hugged me in response.

"I'm so sorry Y/n" he whispered. "I forgive you" I replied. "We'll talk later, I've got to get back to Theo, I left the poor guy in the dust" I added getting up. "So you and Knott?" he asked. "Yeah, a month today" I replied. "Congrats" He said.

"This reminds me of year 4, you getting ready for a ball" P said whilst brushing my hair. We were getting ready for the ball. "It does" I replied smiling.

"Quite a bit has changed since then" she stated sighing. She was right. So much had changed. Between Draco's dark mark, Voldemort being back, me going out with Theo and me wearing a blue dress, younger me wouldn't have recognized the world I've stepped into. Yes, Draco finally revealed his dark mark to me, a secret I was sure to bear. Harry doesn't need to know, no one does. Let his suspicions play out.

"You and Blaise haven't changed. You still snog very publicly like the day of the yule ball" I teased. Daphne and Millicent giggled overhearing. "You did the same with Draco after the ball" Millicent stated. The room went silent.

"It's fine guys. Yes, yes I did. But that's over now. I'm going out with Theo" I replied. Daphne and Millicent went back to talking. "You sure you're fine?" P asked. "Of course" I replied getting up. "Have fun both of you" Daphne said. Only a select few were invited. "Thank you" I replied before walking away.

"Theo?" I called out walking into the boys dorm. "Wow" Draco commented. "Hey Dray" I said. "You look beautiful" He complimented. "Thank you" I replied smiling. "Did you see Theo?" I asked. "He went out-" "Hello gorgeous" Theo interrupted walking in. "You clean up well" I said. He was wearing a suit that looked like Draco's. Only that it fit Draco better. "You look stunning." Theo replied kissing me.

"Shall we go?" he asked. I nodded in response. "See you there" Draco said. "You too" I replied as we walked away.

"Y/n, you look nice" Harry said passing by. "Thank you" I replied smiling. "I've forgotten something, I shall be right back" Theo said patting his coat pocket. "That's fine. Harry will wait with me" I replied.

"Do you know how it feels when your sister is the most wanted girl in school" Harry stated. I giggled in response. "I'm not joking, every guy and girl talks about you." He said. "How do you think it feels when your brother is what all the girls talk about?" I asked. "I'm running the risk of you turning vain here" I added chuckling. He chucked with me.

"You look happier than you've been the past few days" he commented. "Well I've been talking to Draco" I replied. "Even after.." "Even after Katie, yes. Believe me, he has repented" I stated. "I'm happy you're happy" He replied like an automated response. I knew he didn't mean it. "Yeah sure" I responded. "Theo's here, catch you around" I added before walking away.

Year 7 had decked out an abandoned classroom for the ball. Streamers ran down from all four walls and mystical glitter flew across the room. I spotted Pansy in the corner with Blaise, as usual, snogging.

"Black! Come join us" A couple of guys I had seen around said from behind me. I picked up a glass of gillywater and walked up to them, leaving Theo behind to mingle. "I was half hoping to see fire whiskey here" I said. "We tried, but we couldn't get it past Filch" one of them said. "I expected more from the year sevens. I thought you had responsibility" I stated as I sipped on the gillywater.

"They're all drunk off the drinks they tried to bring in" A guy I later learnt was named Malcolm whispered into my ear. Harry was right, which was proved by the laughs that followed.