Chapter 91: He's gone

Y/n Pov:

It had been three days. Harry wouldn't talk to me at all. He kept his distance from me and would ignore me every time I approached him. I figured he needed time to grapple with what I had told him. Loosing family is never easy. 

If dad wasn't himself, who was he? Who would impersonate him so well? I needed to find out the truth, even if it meant that dad was no more. Thus, I spoke to professor Dumbledore about how I needed to talk to my dad and uncle Remus, telling him everything. He let me go for a day, on the condition that I would be back by nighttime the next day. I left a note to Harry, telling him what I was about to do.

At nightfall I stood at his fireplace. As the clock struck 11, I stepped into the fireplace with professor Dumbledore. As I held out the floo powder, the door opened, revealing Harry. "I'm coming with you" he stated. "I was hoping you would" I replied. 

"Princess, Harry, Dumbledore?" Uncle Remus said as we walked into the Grimmauld place. "We need to talk" I replied. 

Revealing everything, he began to loose his cool. The moment he found out I was with Tom he almost cried. And when he found out about dad, he went quiet.

"How do we find out if he's himself or not?" Harry asked. "There's dark magic for such things. I can use his blood to find out" I replied. "I'll get his blood, you get everything else ready" Uncle Remus said. I nodded in response and got to work. 

Dad wasn't dad. Someone had taken over him. I sat at the table and sighed. My worst fear was confirmed. I wasn't able to bring dad back. "Princess?  What are you doing here?"Dad said walking in. Or rather, whoever was impersonating him. "I missed you" I replied. "Well this could have been a letter princess" he said sitting next to me. "But I'm not complaining. I'm always glad to see you" he added. 

"Except you aren't" I stated pulling my wand out.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "You can drop the act, whoever you are" I said pointed my wand at him. "The act?" he asked. "We know you're not him" Harry said walking in, his wand pointed at dad. "If you reveal yourself, it'll be easier for you" Uncle Remus said, his wand in hand. "Oh fine! I give in." Dad said, pulling a book out of his coat. The book with Mrs Black. "How's Mrs Black related to this?" Uncle Remus asked. 

Then it hit me. Who else would know him well enough. 

"You're Mrs Black" I said getting up. "Secret's out" she said sighing. "Then who's in the book?" Harry asked. "No" I said. "Yes" she replied throwing the book to me. I opened it to see a picture of dad. "How could you!" Uncle Remus yelled. "You were his mother" he added. "I didn't know what I was doing!" She replied. "You were no mother to him. You burned him out of the family tree. You were a horrid person, you preferred to put him in a book and take over his life" I said. "You don't know what you're talking about." She stated. 

"You know what! I don't care about this. Just bring Sirius back" Harry interrupted. She didn't reply. "I don't think she can" Uncle Remus said, who now held the book. "No one can" he added. "You mean-""he's gone" he said. I slumped back into the chair. "Trust me, I did this for him" she said. 

"He never would have wanted you to think he was gone" she added. "How long?" Harry asked. "How long has he been gone?" Harry asked. "Since Y/n gave me to him" she replied. So this was my fault. 

We went back to Hogwarts. Harry left without saying a word. Dad was gone and wasn't coming back. I held onto the black diary firmly as I walked into Draco's dorm. I almost slumped to the floor before he ran over to me. He took me to the room of requirement. He waited with bated breath to know what happened. I was so thankful that he didn't ask me anything. 

"Go to sleep, we can talk tomorrow" he said. I nodded and closed my eyes. Within minutes Draco was knocked out, considering it was 1 am. I couldn't get myself to sleep. I opened the book and looked at dad. So lifeless. So rigid. 

I told Draco everything the next morning as he held onto me while I cried. 

Maybe I could bring him back. But I'd have to work hard for it.