Chapter 40: Dreadful woods

Hermione Pov:

Sirius placed the ring on the map before us, and spun it on the diamond. "It's my ring" he said. "It was a ring that I got to remind myself that one day I would have the chance to marry Y/n's mum, it's a match to her promise ring" he added. The ring is James Potter's ring I'm guessing. Since Draco's here, Sirius has to speak as if he's actually Y/n's dad.

"The specialty of the rings were that they are linked to one another. With her consent, I was allowed to use the ring to find her" Sirius continued. The ring stopped spinning and fell on a place called the Dreadful woods. "She's is in the Dreadful forests" he said. "Any more specific?" Draco asked.

"The rings can only sense the area in which the other is" Sirius replied. "So if Y/n's not wearing the ring-" "We'll think of that later" Remus interrupted Harry.  "Everyone gear up, time is of the essence" Sirius said.

Harry and I shared quite a few looks when Draco, Harry, Sirius in his dog form and I were stuffed in the back of the Weasley's car. Draco looked tensed, and was restless, just like Harry.

I know Y/n isn't okay, she's probably hurt, could be even dead.

We stopped in the middle of a forest. "This is where the ring landed" Remus said as we got out of the car. Sirius begun sniffing around to find Y/n. Torches were handed around and we searched for her. "Y/n!" we yelled trying to get some sort of a response.

We heard howling from near us and found Sirius in front of a ring, Y/n's ring. "So she may not even be here" Remus said tearing up. "Come on Draco, she'll be alright" Draco mumbled to himself. "We're not loosing hope Remus, she has to be around here somewhere" Harry said.

"He's right" I added. "How can the ring have come off like that? The ring was perfect for Y/n, like it was made for her." Draco said. "It may have rolled off when the skin began to shrivel" I replied. "Look here, there's no impact on the soil, therefore it didn't fall from above, it rolled here" he said.

"She should be nearby then" Harry said.

3rd person Pov:

"Please stay with me princess, please" Sirius said to Y/n after finding her body on the floor, her head bleeding out. Hermione put up a hand to her mouth and Ron put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. Harry and Remus knelt down beside Sirius, tears pooling in their eyes.

"We need to get to a hospital" Draco said picking up Y/n's body gently, careful not to cause anymore damage.

The car ride was silent. Harry and Draco in the back, holding on to Y/n trying to get her conscious. Draco's heart broke every time he looked at her, furious at whoever did it to her. Harry was filled with rage towards Voldemort, even more than before.

He couldn't bear to look at Y/n, every time he looked at her all he could see was him not protecting her, and it broke him, more than Cedric's death, more than any encounter of his with Voldemort. 

Y/n Pov:

"What did you do to end up here?" Cedric asked. "Just the usual, had a fight with Voldemort, after he asked me to join him. I didn't, so he sent his snake Nagini after me" I replied. "No biggie" I added. "You always had a way to scale down your pain" he replied.

"I have to ask you something" I said sighing. "What is it?" he asked. "You knew about Cho being pregnant didn't you?" I asked. He sighed and nodded. "I couldn't tell anyone, Cho was pregnant, not me" he replied. "We were to run away this year. I would have finished school and I could get some kind of job somewhere. I asked her if  she wanted to continue school but she didn't want to." he added.

"Your child was born" I said. "A son" I added. His smile widened. "I have a son" he said tearing up. "And it's my fault you will never see him" I replied. "Please don't blame yourself for my death" he replied. "His name is Colin Cedar, last name yet to be decided" I said. "It's a beautiful name" he said.

"He's got your gray eyes, and brown hair. I suggested that Cho could leave Colin with your dad" I said. "That's an amazing idea" he replied.

"Looks like I'm still not dead yet" I said sighing. "Your body is trying it's best to keep you alive" he replied. "So can I see what's going on in the living world?" I asked. "We can check up on you, but we can't watch the living life" James dad said walking up to me.

"We check on you both all the time" Mum added. "Mum, Dad, I wanted to ask you something" I said getting up. "I'll give you guys some space" Cedric replied smiling.  "Can I hug you?" Mum asked. I nodded. "My baby, my beautifully strong and bossy baby" she said as she hugged me. Dad put his arms around us. "Are you okay?" I asked. Mum nodded as she pulled away, wiping away the tears from her eyes.

"So, what is it you wanted to ask us?" Dad asked. "How did you deal with the fact Voldemort was chasing you and your children?" I asked. "It was worth it to us. As long as we kept you both safe, it was okay if there was a murderer on our tail" Dad replied. "Harry and you were so young, James and I couldn't loose you both. We were new parents, and we weren't hoping on that ending anytime soon." Mum added.

"And we're so glad to get this opportunity to be with you" Dad said as they held my hands. "Thank you" I replied smiling. They smiled back in response.

"I'm cold" I said shivering slightly. "It's just your body showing it's not giving up yet" Mum replied. "If I die, will it be painful?" I asked. "You're not going to die" Mum replied. "And if you were to die, you've already been through the most painful part" dad added.

"What part?" I asked. "Dying, not death" he replied.