Chapter 64: You've made a mistake

Y/n Pov:

Blaise walked up to us and sat down next to Pansy. "Why didn't you write to us? Pansy and I never got any letters from you. And Draco told me you didn't write to him even once" Blaise asked. So Draco was lying about all the dozens of letters I sent him, and not to mention he never wrote to me once. I had even got snow to go personally deliver my letters to Draco, in his hand.

"I must have forgotten to owl it. I'm sorry" I replied. "Water under the bridge" Pansy replied. "Truth be told Pansy and I weren't sure if we should owl you, given the circumstances and the danger as you are usually around Harry Potter" Blaise added. Pansy nodded in agreement.

"It's fine, I was quite occupied anyways" I replied.

Draco walked up to us with a briefcase in hand. "Where shall I sit?" he asked. "Why can't you sit next to-" "I'll move to another seat, I've got work to do" I interrupted. "You can do your work here" Pansy said. "I'd be rather uncomfortable if I did and I don't want to spoil anyone else's comfort" I replied getting up and taking my bag.

I didn't look at Draco's face even once. I buried myself into my book of cloning, only talking to Pansy and Blaise every once in a while.

Black powder filled the room and I immediately knew what it was. Instant peruvian darkness powder. The carriage was too dark to see a thing.

"What was that?" Draco asked as it began to clear. "Probably a first year prank. Come sit down Draco" Pansy said.

Pansy Pov:

Y/n got up and walked up to the three of us. "You guys want anything from the trolley?" I asked. "Something to eat please" I replied. "Blaise?" she asked. "Nothing, thank you" he replied. "Get him something as well. He'll eat whatever I get if he doesn't have anything" I stated.

"What about you Draco?" I asked. "Nothing"he replied coldly. Y/n walked away silently.

What was going on between them? Y/n wouldn't even look at Draco's face and Draco kept looking at Y/n blankly.

"Hogwarts, what a pathetic excuse for a school. I think I'd have to pitch myself off of the astronomy tower if I thought I had to continue for another two years" Draco stated. Blaise chuckled. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I'm just saying. You won't be seeing me wasting my time on divination and defence against the dark arts next year" he replied.

"I thought you liked Hogwarts"Blaise said. "What's there to like about it? A bloody stupid school that can't match up my brilliance" Draco replied. "But what about you and Y/n? Aren't you always saying that Hogwarts means something to you because of her?" I asked. "Why would any place mean anything to me just because of something my child self said? Hogwarts can't provide anything for me" he replied.

Blaise and  I exchanged looks. I could hear him sigh unsteadily. 

Y/n Pov:

I searched for the trolley lady and eventually wounded up near Mione. "Hey Y/n" she said looking up from her book. "Hi Mione" I replied sitting down next to her. She was sitting alone. "Why are you alone? Where's Ron and Harry?" I asked. 

"Harry walked off somewhere and didn't come back yet, he said he'd take a while. And Ron, he just left after seeing someone" she replied sighing. "Who was that someone?" I asked. "Lavender, if I'm not wrong" she replied. "You okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Did you talk to Draco yet?" she asked. "No, um, it seems he's been telling Pansy and Blaise that I hadn't owled him at all. On top of that, Pansy told me he's become really chatty" I replied. "Y/n that's not fair of him. What is he even thinking?" she stated. "I've got no idea to be honest, I just don't how to feel about it either" I replied. 

"Anyways I should go, I'm getting something from the trolley, would you like anything?" I asked. "Nothing, but thank you" she replied.  

A few hours later we reached Hogwarts. Pansy, Blaise and I got off but Draco stayed back.

"All first years my way!" I yelled. The prefects were asked to help Hagrid move the first years in, something about more safety for the new students. 

"Y/n where's Draco?" Ron asked walking up to me. I shrugged my shoulders. "We shall have to go on without him" I said sighing. "Us or you?" Ron asked. "Ron come here" Mione shouted. Ron was right, did I mean them or me?

We settled down for dinner and Harry walked into the hall with Luna. 

He limped his way towards me. Luna walked towards the Ravenclaw table, with her spectacles on. "Are you okay?" I asked Harry. "We should talk" he replied. "I'll get Ron and Hermione too" he added. He limped away to the Gryffindor table.  Someone tapped my shoulder. It was Draco. "Meet me in the astronomy tower in five minutes"he said before walking away. 

I didn't know if I should go. I was furious, and upset at the drama being created and curious as to why he was acting like this, but at the same time, I wasn't his pet to come and go as he'd like.

I told Harry I won't be able to talk then and that I would stop by the Gryffindor common room later. I stood in front of the staircase to the astronomy tower. I debated in my head as to whether I should go in or not. 

"Draco?" I said walking in. The room was vacant "I thought you weren't coming" he replied turning to me. "I didn't know if I should" I replied. 

"So why did you call me here?" I asked. "Needed to talk about our relationship, as to why I don't think it'll work out" he replied. 

"And why is that?" I asked crossing my arms. "Honestly, I don't think you've ever cared for me as much as I did. I've loved you more than you ever loved me"he replied shrugging. 

"I don't care for you as much? I don't love you as much? It's a one sided love?!" I exclaimed before bursting into laughter. "You make me crack up Draco. I've protected you from everything dark because I cared for you. I prevented your death because I care for you. I don't mind you using my shoulder to cry because I love you. I would make a deal with the devil if it meant keeping you safe and happy. All this and I don't love and care for you?" I lectured.

"You've been so focused on protecting me, I've become a child to you. Think about it. You made me stay back from fighting my part during the attack in the ministry, you keep so many things from me claiming you're protecting me" he replied.

"I protect you because I love you and you love me" I stated. 

"You may love me, but I don't love you, not anymore. At first I thought I would be joy-filled but now? Now I don't find myself happy when I think about you. I can't do this Y/n. I can't keep making you happy when I've never been happy in the first place" he replied.

"So that's it then? You make the decision on our relationship?" I asked. "There is no more relationship Y/n! No more kisses, no more not talking to each other because you think you're protecting me, no more hugs, no more anything. Nothing, nada, zelch, we are finished!"he exclaimed.  

"You're one to talk! I wrote to you dozens of times and not even once I got a reply. Not a word from you all summer and you blame me for every bloody thing! You think you're the only one suffering? I've had to put up with your senseless hate for everyone better than you. I've had to listen to your nonstop jealousy remarks, and not to mention the times when you weren't there for me. You claim to love me when all you've done is hurt me time after time. A simple misunderstanding at the Yule ball and you made all hell come loose. If we are done, we are done not because of me, but because of you, Draco Malfoy" I replied.

"If one of us doesn't want this relationship then what's the use. I'm oblivious about my love for you" I replied. He removed the band I had got for him over a year ago and placed it in my hand. I removed the ring he gave me and placed it his hand. "So many broken promises" I stated.

"If this is because of something else, I might find it in my heart to forgive you someday" I added. "You're trying to find excuses"he replied. 

I looked at his face as tears streamed down both our faces. I didn't know if this was what he truly wanted. 

I kissed him on his cheek. "You've made a mistake" I whispered to him before walking away.