Chapter 31: Boring

Y/n Pov:

In less than three months I would have to see him again. I never understood his obsession over me, still don't. To be honest, I was slightly afraid. I wasn't scared of Tom, no, but of what he would do if he didn't get his way.

I came to the conclusion that he was going to target the people I loved, so the only rational decision would be to severe ties with all of them, no matter how much it hurts. I can't be the reason someone dies, not again.

"Y/n, um we need to talk" Draco said as I walked into the Slytherin common room after teaching another defense session. "Yes we do" I replied. Looks like the world has given me an opportunity to end whatever is going on with Draco and I. "Meet me at the Astronomy tower during prefect duty" I stated before walking away.

"Look at this beautiful set of diamond earrings Y/n! I can't believe Blaise would be so nice to get me such expensive earrings" Pansy said as I walked into our dorm. Another opportunity to end another relationship. "Well a girl like you could easily be bought with money" I replied. "What?" she asked. "Pansy, it's so sad how much of a gold digger you are, although coming from a spoiled brat like you, it's quite expected" I replied.

I could see the anger and sadness on her face as her smile turned into a frown. "I was so glad to find out you and Draco were together, finally I could blame you for something and get rid of this thing you call friendship" I added. "What is wrong with you?" she asked. "Y/n this isn't like you" she added.

"Oh Pansy, don't you get it, I've been acting as your friend for quite a while, and it's getting so boring" I replied. At this point I was just spewing lies. "And also how can I forget, I can't stand you, being so selfish and only caring about yourself" I said.

A tear fell out of her eye as she stood up clenching her fists. "How dare you!" she yelled. "I've been nothing but nice to you, if I'm so boring and selfish, why are you still here? There's the door" she said pointing to the door. "Goodbye" I said walking away. "Oh and before I forget, I learnt something from you" I added turning back. "What" she asked with malice and bitterness in her voice. "A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart. Byyye" I replied.

Merlin it hurt. I started to tear up thinking of all the horrid things I just told her. But it's better this way, she wouldn't be targeted by Tom.

I had another detention with Umbridge, but now I was numb to the feeling of the quill. I received another one of her brandings, this time on my left shoulder,  after shouting at her in the hallway.

I walked up to the astronomy tower after detention. Draco was waiting there for me, a smile on his face and a rose in his hand. "Y/n, I'm truly sorry for whatever happened before, I should have told you everything" He said as he handed me the rose. I stared into his deep blue eyes, before he started to speak again. "I love you, and I always will" he said.

"Draco, I'm sorry but I don't want to do this" I said stepping back. "I don't want to be with you" I added.  "If this is about you not being enough, I assure you-" "I never really felt that Draco. It's more of I made up an excuse hoping you would back up. I was never in love with you, I just stayed thinking you could get me to the places I wanted. But what was I thinking, dating the Draco Malfoy? I was just dumb" I interrupted.

His face shattered. I wanted to cry, it pained me to see him like that, but I had to keep brave. "You're rude, stubborn, a daddy's boy. You're so much like your dad, no matter what you like to say" I said. "Y/n, I, I never thought, I thought we loved each other. You are the first person I've ever loved" he replied, tears streaming down his face.

"I never loved you Malfoy, I just liked calling you my boyfriend, gave me so much power" I said. "Bloody hell Y/n! I loved you! I was crazy about you! I still am! Why would you do such a thing?!" he yelled. "Because it was fun, okay? But turns out you were too boring" I replied.

"Goodnight Draco" I said before walking away, leaving him sobbing.

'Better a broken heart than no heart at all' I thought to myself as I snuck into the room of requirement. This time it had a bed, and some blankets, just what I needed.

I put my head down as I started to sob softly. At least now Tom wouldn't go after Draco or Pansy, considering I 'don't love them'.