Chapter 66: Durmstrang student

Y/n Pov:

I walked out of the office empty handed. I walked to the highest tower in the school, where I used to go to watch the stars. 

The stars were as lovely as ever. I was admiring them when I heard footsteps. "I thought you'd be here" I heard Aaron say as he walked up to me. "You thought right" I replied. "We used to be the best of friends Y/n, and the relationship still remains. You can tell me whatever's on your mind" He stated. 

"Draco and I aren't, well, Draco and Y/n anymore. He ended our relationship just an hour before I came up to professor Dumbledore's office" I replied. "He's a stupid guy who just let go of one of the best people on the earth" he stated. "Forget him. He shouldn't be able to hurt you" he added.

"But he does. And the way he said it, it makes me hurt even worse" I replied. "What did he say?" he asked.

 "Picture every bad thing about yourself. Everything you hate in you. The worst things you think about yourself. Now tell me how would you feel if the one person in the world who is supposed to make you feel better thinks that too. And not only that, but uses it as reasons to not be with you" I replied.

"You are not any of the worst things you think about yourself Y/n. I know how you feel but that feeling you get cause of him isn't right. That guy is a dud, a very dumb dud. He doesn't deserve you, and you don't deserve to hurt because of him" he stated. 

"Maybe I'll believe that someday" I replied shrugging my shoulders. "How's Emily, you're girlfriend?" I asked. "Gone" he replied. "Gone as in?" I asked. "Not dead. She left me for another a dude in livermony." he replied. 

"I had no idea. Why didn't you write to me?" I asked. "I saw your name in the daily prophet hunks of times. I did not want to add to your problems" he replied. "That's sweet, but you can bother me with any of your problems." I stated. He smiled in response. 

"Before I forget, they were handing out things from the Headmaster's will. This was left for you" he stated pulling out a small bag from his robe. "Victor told me the Headmaster left me something. Thank you." I replied.

"I'll leave you to open it. I don't want to disturb" he said getting up and leaving. 

I opened the bag to find a glass figurine inside. The figurine was of a woman I did not recognise. There was a letter in the bag too. The letter flew up and began to speak in the headmaster's voice.

"To Y/n, previous student of Durmstrang, school for wizards and witch;                                                       To think of the fact that I was a little suspicious of whether a girl would be able to match up to the boys in my school makes me laugh now. You've proved to me, and to everyone around you, on multiple occasions that you are worthy of being a Durmstrang student. Your performance at the Triwizard tournament was extraordinary. And when the dark lord came back you, without hesitation, defied him. I know little of your relations with the dark lord, but I know it was significant enough for him to beg you to join him. 

Your power is immense, don't ever give it to him. Your strength lies in your relationships, your ideas and the Earth herself. You have compassion and sarcasm, a very unusual combination, but very helpful. In your first year I was wayward, and you gave me a glass orb, and an incantation that changes the orb's shape to whatever I need most. I now give you the orb back, and the incantation. Find your way Y/n Black. Don't let change stop you. What happened with Flogsworth is not your fault.

Enthülle meine inneren Bedürfnisse und enthülle mein wahres Verlangen. Gib meinen Ideen eine Form auf dieser Erde."

Tears streamed down my face. Some words can find their way to one's heart.

"Enthülle meine inneren Bedürfnisse und enthülle mein wahres Verlangen. Gib meinen Ideen eine Form auf dieser Erde" I chanted. The orb began to change shape. It would take a few hours for the orb to assume it's proper form.

The orb gives one clarity, it doesn't tell you anything you don't already know, although I wish it would tell me where I should go from here. Draco shouldn't be able to stop me, but he is able to pause me.

As sunrise approached I got changed into some black clothing I brought along. All of the students began to assemble on the grounds. I found Aaron and Michael in the dining room.

"We've got to bring the Headmaster down" Aaron said. "It's unconventional but I want to as well, if you have no objections" I stated. "You were one of his most adored students, no one has any objection" one of the professors said to me. I smiled slightly in response.

The funeral had a good turnout. 

"Are you ready to leave?" Professor Dumbledore asked walking up to me. "Once I say goodbye I will professor" I replied. He nodded in agreement.

Aaron pulled me into the tightest hug ever before I left. I had no idea if I would see him soon. 

Professor Dumbledore and I apparated back to Hogwarts. 

"Was nostalgia a friend or an enemy this time?" Professor Dumbledore asked. "Surprisingly, a friend" I replied. "Quite a few people came in search of you. Best to tell them you're back" he stated. I nodded in agreement. "I believe Horace would have started with potions already. He's starting with the basics. You can skip if you feel like it" he added. "Thank you professor" I replied.

"And Y/n, I would like to see you and Harry here at night" he said. "Sure professor" I replied before walking away.

"Y/n!" Harry exclaimed as I walked past him in the hallway. "How are you Y/n? What happened last night? Loads of things about you and Draco have been running around year six, not trying to be offensive or anything" Ron rambled. "What he means to say is, how are you feeling?" Harry asked. "I'm fine, and always will be. And what do you know about Draco and I?" I asked. 

"Loads of nasty rumours spread last night" Ron replied. "What rumours Ron?" I asked. "That he, um, slept with someone else. That he's with someone else. That you're with someone else and more" Ron replied. "So the whole of year six knows my business" I stated. "I don't think any of them know the truth of it" Harry replied. 

"Although Pansy Parkinson did try to murder Malfoy last night" Ron added. I chuckled in response. "Draco thinks I'm not going to ever make him happy and that he's never going to love me and that I've never loved him. He thinks I'm keeping things from him because I don't trust him" I replied. 

"What wrong with-" "I've heard that phrase quite a few times in the last twenty-four hours. There's no point of it know so let's just move on." I interrupted. I sat on a ledge and sighed. "I thought he might be the one for me. I know it was stupid but I thought maybe, just maybe, I had found someone who I can share the rest of my years with" I added as a lump began to form in my throat.