Chapter 76: Salazar's army

Y/n Pov:

I went through every book I could find on the chamber of secrets, which, I must admit, isn't a large amount. There was nothing about a secret handle down there. I slipped in a few questions to professor Dumbledore but I none of the answers helped, at least for the time being. 

I eventually decided to go there. 

With only my wand, I walked to the handle and placed my hand on it. Something pricked me and a drop of my blood fell onto the handle. The bricks behind the handle began to move and fell backwards with a large thud, causing a cloud of dust to waft towards me. 

"Lumos" I cast and a great beam of light shone from my wand. I walked in only to find absolutely nothing inside. I turned around to leave and the entrance was no longer there. 'Just swell!' I thought to myself.  I turned back around and stared into the abyss trying to form some sort of figure in my mind. I wasn't going to cast anything at the wall, I wasn't stupid, it was obviously hexed. I walked forth and looked around, trying to make sense of where I was.

It was an eerie silence, until a water drop broke it. "Acio aqua" I cast and no water was summoned. The droplets must be some sort of a trap, considering there's no water down here. After what seemed like an hour, I found another wall in front of me. Had I reached the end? I poked the wall with my wand , trying to shift a brick or make something move. 

Nothing moved but an ear piercing scream broke out. I fell to the ground and covered my ears but I could feel my eardrum burst and my blood flow down my neck. The ringing in my ear wouldn't stop. I picked up my wand, light still spewing out of it, and looked around. 

I walked a few steps away from the wall as the light from my wand became brighter and brighter until I couldn't see anything but white. I fell to the ground once again, and held up my wand while not being able to see or hear. Whatever was going on?

I got on my hands and knees and crawled away from the wall, feeling each groove of the floor as I moved. I had to get out, Madame Pomfrey would have something to heal me. I moved faster and faster every minute and eventually got on my feet and walked with my hands out, feeling for  obstacles.

If only I could ever get out. I fell to the ground once again, but this time because I lost all sensation in my knees. I tried to get up but I couldn't move. Every single limb in my body had lost all consciousness, except for my mind. 

I felt nothing, there was no pain, no holding back anything, it was as if I was free and imprisoned at the same time. 

A surge of power shocked me in the following seconds, taking control of me. I could sense my surrounding now, I still couldn't hear so or feel, but I could sense and somehow it made up for it. I could sense every obstacle in my path, every wall, every groove, every dust follicle. 

It was glorious. 

I wasn't walking anymore, I was levitating. Levitating over the very ground I had fell on. More noises and light came my way, but this time I was able to fight it. I felt strong after such a long time, so beautifully strong. I made my way down the hall and went through what felt like a door. Had I become a ghost now? It did add up, the way I was levitating and nothing seemed to stop me.

Classical music filled the air and I slowly stepped onto the ground, realising I could feel and hear again. My eyes began to adjust to the light and I appeared to be in someone's office. A mythical and bizarre office indeed. It had a library on one end, A huge desk on the other, fencing swords in the corner, paintings of people, a gorgeous dress in the fare end and objects of all kinds that were highlighted by the golden glow of the golden lights and a fireplace that lit up as I moved near it. Smack in the middle was a book stand with a green leather bound book on it.

I walked to it and it flipped open. The pages flipped until it landed on the last chapter. 'My heir' it was titled. 

"An heir of Salazar, my word." the book began to read out loud. "A thousand pardons for the harsh luring, thy mustn't go easy on anyone, especially trespassers" It continued. "It seems that I've forgotten to introduce thyself. I am Salazar Slytherin, yes, the one one and only. I'm most certainly dead, but still here, and as the muggles say 'in spirit'. You, powerful one, have been chosen for something no has been for centuries, my heir" He stated. 

"You've had multiple heirs before me" I pointed out. "Heirs of Slytherin and tamers of the basilisk yes, but no heirs of Salazar. My chambers have been shown to you as a way to cultivate thou powers, thou's very existence. Thou dark magic, if thy may be general" He replied. 

"The very power thou has felt today and all other days is the bane of thou and thy existence. Thou shall rule the heavens and the ruins, thou shall rule it all" he said, and with a click the diary closed.

I picked up the diary and spent all day inside the room, learning of all it's secrets. 

Salazar Slytherin was a magical dead embodiment of me. He was damaged, powerful, and had the same dark magic as me. 

He was in love with his best friend Godric.

Loads to unpack.

The office was spectacular, books on how to control my dark magic and how to share it were abundant. 

I created a plan, I was going to bring the loyal Slytherins together to create a Salazar's army,  teach them how to handle dark magic, and teach them to rise against Voldemort and any unruly force when the time came. I would pick whoever I felt was the best for the job and would wipe their memories if there was a betrayal. A more powerful, improved, darker and perfect version of Dumbledore's army.