Chapter 51: Please

Severus Snape Pov:

Another incomplete essay. Quidditch being the excuse. If they paid as much attention to potions as they did to the game, they wouldn't be such nitwits. With Umbridge on my side, I'm hoping to convince her that I am fit to become defence against the dark arts teacher, a much more suitable subject for me. 

"Professor Snape, may I turn in the essay later?" Potter asked walking in. "What's your excuse now, Potter?" I asked. "Y/n, she's in the hospital wing. She fell unconscious after some weird events" he replied. "Do you have a concussion?" I asked. 

"No sir" he replied. "An illness which needs treatment and extreme bed rest?" I asked. "No sir" he replied. "Well then I think you are more than fit to finish the essay Mr Potter. If you still think otherwise Mr Potter, detention should be enough time to complete it" I stated. "I'll hand it in at the end of the day Professor" Potter replied sighing. 

He didn't leave even after that. "What is it now Potter?" I asked. "Would you mind answering a question for me?" he asked. "My time is not for you to waste with your silly doubts" I replied. 

"It's about Y/n" he stated. "She lost control of herself, completely. Even injuring a student without realizing. Will occulemency help her?" he asked. "Ms Black has excellent control over her mind, and only lets in people if she wants to. The urge may not be from another, maybe from within herself, her black magic that is" I replied.

"I thought her necklace was supposed to help her with her black magic" he said. "It was supposed to hurt only her, but recent events could mean her exposure and use of black magic has become more, therefore the stronger the black magic's hold on her, therefore the necklace's use weakening" I replied. 

"Now get out of my office, and finish your essay before 6 O'clock" I added. "But sir it's 5 O'clock right now" he replied. "Well then you better get started, otherwise straight to detention" I responded. He nodded and scurried away.

Useless, completely useless. The second years don't know their wormwood from their hollow bark. 

"That is the fifth time you have messed up your potion Ms Rose. I suggest you stop now before you end up blowing up the classroom with everyone in it" I said to one of the second years.

"Professor Snape!" I heard someone shouting my name. "Do as is told in your books. Make another mistake and detention for all" I stated walking out of the classroom. 

"I need your help, desperately" Y/n said running up to me. "What is it?" I asked. "I need to go home. I had an interference in my mind by a trusted person, saying that someone I knew was being plotted against and the answer was held in the Black house" she whispered. 

"I need to stop it Professor. Cedric died last year because of me, I can't let it happen again" she added. "Fine, I shall provide floo powder and an Alibi in front of Umbridge, for she has already banned you from Hogsmeade for the foreseeable future" I replied. 

"I know it's wrong to come to you for everything, you're my teacher I'm not supposed to do that, but you are the only one who I know can help me now. I am grateful for that professor" she responded.

"If you remember your steps correctly from the time Mr Malfoy brought you to the Frostern Blazes, use the ash there, it's floo powder" I stated.

"Thank you Professor" she replied running away before I had the chance to ask her about what Potter had told me.

Y/n Pov:

"Y/n?!" Uncle Remus exclaimed as I appeared in the Black house fireplace. "Hey Uncle Remy" I replied. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "I, um, wanted to come home for an hour or so. I left something extremely important at home and Professor Snape helped me come back" I replied.

"I still don't understand why you came home" he stated. "There's quite a few things that's overwhelming be at school, and I needed a few hours away" I replied. "Do you want to dropout and stay here? I'll teach you anything you want to know-" "I'll be fine Uncle Remy, but thank you for the offer" I interrupted before walking away.

"Dad home?" I asked. "He's somewhere with Molly and Arthur" Uncle Remy replied. "And Princess, you'll tell me if something is wrong right? Don't keep much from me" he added. I nodded before walking away.

I walked around, searching for Merlin know's what. I'm guessing I'll know it when I see it. 

"You shall not be here" I heard a raspy voice say from behind me. I turned around to see Kreacher. "This was mistress's room, no one shall enter" He added. "I'm searching for something important, and the problem is, I have no idea of what I'm looking for" I replied.

"And weren't you ever freed Kreacher?" I asked. "I will never leave my mistress" he replied. "Could you, um maybe help me find whatever it is I'm trying to look for? Maybe you were the help she mentioned?" I asked. 

"Please?" I added. "Fine." he replied, with no enthusiasm. "I have heard of something in this house that fit your description. Mistress told me about it" he added.

"What and where is it?" I asked. "It is a book, that she gave to me to give it to someone who comes asking for it in that way" he replied. "So may I have it? I'll give it back if it's something extremely important" I stated. 

"Only for a price" he replied. "What is that you want Kreacher?" I asked. "Something of great value to you, to make sure you will give it back eventually" he replied. 

"How about this?' I asked pulling out a chain from my pocket. "It is the only thing that I have of my actual dad. It was his a gift from him, according to Uncle Remy" I added. 

"It will do" he replied pulling out an old book from under his dishevelled clothes.  "Thank you" I said.

'To Y/n' it read on top. "Did she know me?" I asked. Kreacher nodded. "The only thing that she loved from Sirius" he replied.