Chapter 71: This better not be a joke

Y/n Pov:

Professor Snape looked at me wide-eyed. "Detention for speaking out of turn Ms Potter" He stated before turning away. For the rest of the class professor Snape made us all re-do the papers. 

The next class was care for magical creatures followed by transfiguration and defence against the dark arts. I found out that my grades were similar to my potions grades and that the only classes I was good at was quidditch and divination. 

I began to make more sense of the situation I was in upon further conversation with Neville, Parvathi and Harry, and just general observations. 

The Creevey brothers never existed and neither did Colin Cedar, Ron and Harry were never friends, the Slytherins loathed me to the core, I was Gryffindor prefect, Neville and Harry were neck to neck for the other prefect position but they chose Neville, and I was in the relationship everyone wanted from the start. 

I spotted Pansy, Daphne, Theo, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle sitting together at study hall. Draco sat at the far end of the table. The group occasionally glanced at the platinum blonde, but he never responded. 

Something was different about him. 

His whole demeanor had changed. He looked angry, hurt, spiteful and scared all at the same time. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, or talk to him. A part of me felt like I owed it to him. He was an absolute arse to me, but not in this world. In this world I barely even knew him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Neville asked walking up to me. "I want to sit with one of the Slytherins" I replied. He chuckled in response. "You're full of absurd ideas today baby-doll. I don't think you should sit with anyone other than me." he said, still chuckling. "I'm not anyone's doll. I can make my own decisions and I've decided to sit with one of them. Deal with it or go weep to your mummy" I replied. 

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today" he stated. "Think whatever you like. I would like to make conversation with someone else" I replied. He began to get slightly confused. I knew I had to somehow steer the conversation into another topic. "We want to be head girl and head boy don't we? We'll need all the support we can get. Trust me when I say that a Slytherin's vote for a Gryffindor will make all the difference." I added. 

"Great idea, but I was just about to suggest the same" he replied. "Sure. See you after detention" I stated before walking away. 

I sat down opposing Draco and took out my books. He and I sat in silence for a few solid minutes before he spoke. "What are you doing here Potter? Didn't your mother teach you any manners, like asking someone before you sit near them?" he asked. "I never asked because you'd say no. And I believe I am allowed to sit wherever I like" I replied. 

"What is it that you want Potter?" he asked. "To know why you're sitting away from your friends" I replied. "Why aren't you with you're boyfriend?" he asked. "I'm away from him because I can and I want to" I replied. He chuckled in response. "Are you here to make him jealous?" he asked. 

"If I wanted to make him jealous I would be at the other end, talking Theodore Knott into coming back to my dorm with me. Or even making a journey to Durmstrangs, the boys there are the perfect material to make him jealous. You think too highly of yourself" I replied.

"Y/n Potter would sleep with another guy just to make her boyfriend jealous? You don't have it in you.  You're too loyal and in 'love'" he said mockingly. "I would do that and much more. Jealousy, like revenge, is one of my specialities. I want something from Neville or any other boy, all I have to do is talk to someone they hate, and make them want to talk to me. You have no idea as to what I'm capable of" I replied. 

It was like dealing with year 3 Draco all over again. Underestimating, egocentric and emotion-dodging.

"I never would have expected this from Lily Potter's daughter. I must say it's an interesting surprise." he stated. "I am not my parents. You aren't like Lucius, unlike what everyone expects. Your father-" "You've taunted me enough based on what my father did. I've got somewhere else to be" he said before getting up and walking away.

What just happened?

I didn't have time to wonder about it. I had somewhere else to be. Detention awaited me.

"Take out your book and write 'I will not speak out of turn' a hundred times" Professor Snape stated as I entered the potions classroom. "I am more than happy to write lines professor, but only for something useful and something I have actually done" I replied. "Your happiness does not matter to me Ms Potter, and your parents's fame does not guarantee it" the professor said. 

"I am certainly not my parents" I stated. "You are the exact copy of James Potter's behaviour. Always act like your better than everyone else when you know nothing about anything. Your potions and defence against the dark arts grades proves my point Ms potter" he snapped.

"You must believe me when I say this professor, but I know my way around potions. Today I recited the exact method to brewing a batch of felix felicis. How would you explain that professor?" I asked. "Sheer. Dumb. Luck" he replied.

"Or there is a better explanation" I stated. "And what would that be?" he asked. "That the Y/n before is not me" I replied. "Are you suggesting you're another student then?" he asked sighing, clearly fed up. "She was Y/n Lily Potter, I'm Y/n Lily Potter-Black. Same blood, but different life, different world" I replied.

"In the other world, you gave me a necklace, with a charm to control my dark magic" I added. "Dark magic?" he asked. "Yes, in this necklace" I replied pulling the Lily necklace out from under my robes. "You were a friend of my mother's, and you gave her this necklace. She named you my godfather" I added.

"She threw that necklace in my face for your father." he replied hissing. "In my world she wore it till the day she died. Check where you kept the necklace and you'll see I have one exactly like it" I stated. 

He pulled out his necklace from underneath his robe. The same Lily necklace as mine. 

"This better not be a joke" he stated.