Chapter 4: Freak

Y/n Pov:

Harry and I were sitting in the park, tired of the heat. "Did anyone owl you yet, I seldom get them?" Harry asked. I shook my head no. "The owls have been slowed down in the wizarding world. It isn't as safe to send letters to one another in the muggle world" I replied. It just wasn't safe anymore, and neither Mione or Ron wanted to owl him, not wanting to lie to him.

I heard Dudley walk towards us with his gang. "tormenting some poor kid were you" Harry asked. "What did you say? Freak!" Dudley replied causing his friends to laugh. "Just like your mother" he added.

Harry got furious and got up to Dudley with his wand in hand. "Harry calm" I said taking the wand away from him. "Who might you be? His girlfriend?" One of Dudley's friends asked. "I'm his and Dudley's cousin" I replied.

"A freak like him, like his mother" Dudley said chuckling. "Don't talk about Y/n that way" Harry replied. "I don't care what you say about me, but shut up about Harry's mother" I said.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Dudley's irritating friend asked. "Well I could fight you, but you may end up with a bloody nose" I replied. "Yea sure" he said laughing.

I punched him in the nose. As predicted, it started to bleed. He ran away, with the rest of Dudley's friends. "Dudley, don't be a bully, you're a good person" I said turning to him. "Whatever" he replied.

"We should get back, it's getting late" Harry said. I nodded in agreement. One second, I'll catch up with you, I've got to put my shoes on" I replied. Harry and Dudley walked away.

I walked into a tunnel, not too far behind Harry and Dudley, although I couldn't see them anymore. The tunnel suddenly got cold and a shiver ran down my spine.

One thought ran across my mind, Harry. I ran to see two dementors, one attacking Dudley and the other Harry. They looked ghastly, sucking out Harry and Dudley's soul.

"Expecto Patronum" Harry and I cast at the same time, the light from our wands pushing away the two dementors. I cast it silently, the way uncle Remus taught me, with only my wand, no incantation.

"Harry are you okay?" I asked. He nodded. "Dudley!" I yelled as I noticed him on the ground. He was pale, and looking terribly ill. I put my hand onto his stomach, a golden glow escaping from it. He looked slightly better. "How do you do that?" Harry asked.

I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"Help me get him up" I said to Harry. He put one of arm of Dudley's behind himself and I took the other. 

We got him home, and he threw up. "My boy, what have you done to him!" Mrs Dursley exclaimed rushing over to Dursley. "You!" Mr Dursley yelled to Harry. "It's not Harry fault" I said defensively.