Chapter 42: A mother's love never truly dies

Y/n Pov:

I decided to tell the truth, part of it anyway, to Draco and Pansy. I told them about me knowing Tom, and my travel through time. I told them that I was sent to an orphanage as my mum was dead, and my dad was in Azkaban.

"Hey Nev" I said on my recovery rounds. I needed to become completely okay before I went back to Hogwarts, therefore St Mungos wanted me to walk around the hospital. Ron held my me on one side, Harry on the other. Ginny and Mione were talking to Neville.

"My Son and his wife were tortured into insanity by you know who's followers. They were Aurors you know. Very well respected within the wizarding community. Highly skilled wizards the both of them" Neville's grandma said to us as he stood next to me sadly.

Alice, Nev's mum walked up to us. "Yes Alice dear, what is it?" Neville's grandma asked. No response, instead Alice held her hand out, with something in it. "Again? Very well Alice dear. Neville take it, whatever it is" Nev's grandma said. Neville put out his hand and Alice put a wrapper into it.

"Thanks mum" Neville replied smiling with teary eyes. I put a hand on his shoulder as his mum walked away. "You okay?" I asked. He nodded, looking at the wrapper. 'A mother's love never truly dies' I thought to myself. Alice still loves her son even after under all that pain and suffering messing with her mind. I can't even imagine how I would be if I was in Neville's place. Maybe one day, one day I'll be able to somehow bring them back, give Nev peace.

I can't wait to get back to Hogwarts. Spending sleepless nights there is better than in a hospital room. Ron, Fred, George spent the night in 12th Grimmauld Place, while Uncle Remus stayed outside with Padfoot, Harry and Draco. Ginny, Pansy and Mione stayed with me inside the room. Friends can be over protective some times.

I heard soft knocking on the door before it opened. His platinum blonde hair shone in the moonlight as he walked in. "Hey Dray" I whispered. "I knew you couldn't sleep" He replied walking up to me. "I also knew you'd be restless" he added helping me up and pulling me out the door. We sneaked past Uncle Remus, Padfoot and Harry.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. "Remember the Yule ball?" he asked. "How could I ever forget it?" I asked. "We never got to dance together that day" he said. "Where is this going?" I asked. "We're free now, and I want to dance with you" he replied smiling. "If we are going to dance, we need music" I stated. "I got that covered" he replied.

A soft melody filled the hallway, and Draco put out his hand. "May I have this dance Milady?" he asked. I nodded smiling.

And it was that moment that I felt the most carefree, that moment when I realised I never wanted to let him go. As we danced around the hallway, hand in hand, his eyes gleamed in the moonlight and a smile appeared on his lips every time he looked at me. I don't know how he does it, he makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world.

10 year old screwed up me would have been so happy to see me like this. It was a simple dance, but it was these simple things that made me the happiest.

He pulled me into a kiss as the melody died down.

"Maybe one day we could dance without a murderer after us" I said as I pulled away. "Without any fear" he replied. "I love you Y/n Black" he added. "I love you too Draco Malfoy" I replied.

"I am the luckiest guy in the world" he said smiling. "How so?" I asked. "I'm with you" he replied making me blush slightly. "Would it be too fast if I asked you if you wanted to wear this again" he asked pulling out the ring I threw at him in the memory change fiasco.

"Only if you find it too fast that I ask if you wear this for me" I replied pulling out a platinum band. His smile widened as he looked at the band. He read out the words engraved on the band. "A platinum band for my favourite platinum blonde" he read.

"I love it" he said looking back up to me. I could see it, his smile was genuine. He never smiled like this, not genuinely anyways. A smile crept up onto my lips and we just stood there, smiling at each other, buried in our own thoughts. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, it was enjoyable.

Eventually we sat down and we fell asleep in each others arms before waking up at sunrise.

"Where were you last night?" Ginny asked in the morning. "In bed" I replied. "Oh my Merlin!" Pansy exclaimed getting up. "You're wearing the ring" she said smiling. "What is going on?" Mione asked waking up. "Oh is Y/n back from her excursion yet" she asked. "You all know?" I asked.

"Heard the melody from the hallway, unlike the boys who didn't even flinch" Ginny replied. "This stays between us" I stated. "Sure" Ginny replied smiling. "Harry knows doesn't he" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders and giggled in response.