Chapter 84: I'm alone

Y/n Pov:

"Y/n?" I heard professor Mcgonagal say the next day as I had breakfast. "Yes professor?" I asked. "Well if you're free, I'd like to meet you in the afternoon in my office" She said. "Sure professor, I'll be there" I replied. She smiled in response and walked away. 

"What did she want?" Pansy asked walking up to me. "To meet me in the afternoon" I replied. "Why?" she asked. I shrugged my shoulders in response. 

I walked to professor Mcgonagal's office and saw Draco there too. "Hey" He said smiling. "Hallo Dray, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Mcgonagal asked to see me" he replied. "Same" I stated. So bloody awkward.

"Y/n?" Professor Mcgonagal called while peeping out. "I'm right here professor" I replied. "Good afternoon professor" Draco said. "Ahh Mr Malfoy, I hope you'll get everything ready on time?" she asked. "Of course professor" he replied. Get what ready?

He winked at me as the professor turned around. 

"Do sit down" she said gesturing me towards her sofa. "I wanted to talk about your plans after Hogwarts" she stated. "Plans?" I asked. "Indeed. Is there anything specific in mind as to what you want to pursue?" she asked. 

"Umm I've never really thought of it to be honest. As a kid all I wanted to do was rule the world and we see how well that panned out" I replied shrugging. "But I do know that I want to be the best at what I do" I added. "That quite a bit of pressure, don't you think?" she asked. "Maybe, but I thrive under pressure." I replied.

"Hmmmmm. Let me give you a word of advice dear. You've had a tough life and you've found ways to cope up with it. You put yourself under pressure because that's what you're used to. I think maybe we can take off that pressure for a while and see how you do?" She asked. "I can't relax professor. I'm sorry, but I can't. Not while he's still out there" I replied crossing my arms. 

"Pressure seems to be fine until the day comes when you can't withstand the pressure anymore and you burst. A burst with you isn't going to be normal, because your life has never been normal. When you burst you will hurt yourself very deeply" she stated. 

"Maybe give in to those things which bring you happiness? And meanwhile find something that you're interested in that you would like to do after you graduate?" she asked.

"I'll try the happiness thing. And I'm not sure as to what I want to do after I graduate but I will try to find out" I replied.

"Is that all professor?" I asked. "Not quite. Mr Malfoy, you can bring him in now!" She shouted. "Bring who-Uncle Remus?! " I yelled running to him as he entered. "Hello princess!" He exclaimed pulling me into a hug. "Remus was quite upset knowing that he couldn't see you on Christmas so I pulled some strings and borrowed a few things to get here" I heard dad say as he removed the invisibility cloak. "Dad!" I exclaimed pulling him into a hug. "Hey there princess" He replied hugging me back. 

"Did you do this professor?" I asked turning to professor Mcgonagal. "It was all Malfoy's idea" She replied. He walked into the room as he heard his name and smiled at me. "Thank you" I said, a tear running down my cheek. "You never need to" he replied wiping my tear away. "Merry Christmas eve Y/n" he stated before walking away.

"What about Harry?" I asked dad and uncle Remus. "You needed us princess" uncle Remus replied. "And he needed you" dad said. I chuckled in response. "But on a more serious note we both wanted to spend christmas with you" dad added. "Let's get out of here?" I asked. "Of course" uncle Remus replied.

"It was wonderful to see you both" Professor Mcgonagal said. "You too professor" dad replied. "And I trust you will meet me with a passion soon Y/n?" she asked. "Yes professor" I replied. 

We spent the entire day in the castle just talking about school and the plans for Uncle Remus's wedding. Dad eventually left to go get candy from hogsmeade, leaving me and Uncle Remus in the library. 

"I wanted to ask you something" Uncle Remus said. "Ask away" I replied. "How would you feel if Tonks and I had a child?" he asked. "Are you guys-" "No no no, we were just discussing it, that's all" he interrupted. 

Wow, I've never thought of it. When uncle Remus fell in love with Tonks, I was already close with her. It was easy to let her into the family. But with a child, I wouldn't be their priority anymore, their child would be. 

"I think I would love that" I replied. "You would?" he asked. "Of course! What's not to like about a mini Lupin-Tonks running around?" I replied. "I was hoping you would say that" he replied. 

"What's this I hear from Mcgonagal about your passions?" Dad asked running up to us. "Passions?" I asked. "Yeah, she said you've got no ambition and she keeps asking me to ask you" He replied. "Yeah, I've never really thought about it" I replied. 

"Well whatever you decide to do, we'll be there to support you" uncle Remus replied. "Well as if I was saying something different Remus" dad stated. "Well no one said that you weren't" uncle Remus replied. "Well I think you did suggest" dad stated. 

"Ohh stop bickering like an old couple. I think the both of you should get married instead of you and Tonks" I replied chuckling.  "Why not Remus?" dad replied. "I would rather die" uncle Remus replied. "Been there, done that" dad replied chuckling. 

We spent the rest of the day walking around campus, and hiding dad in the shrieking shack. 

I walked to my dorm at night and tried to sleep but all I could do was visualise uncle Remus and Tonks having a baby and forgetting all about me. Uncle Remus would have his child and dad would have Harry and I would have no one. The feeling of loneliness that I felt in Wool's began to trickle back in. 

I couldn't sit alone anymore. I looked at Pansy and at the picture of her mum and dad on her desk. I looked at Daphne and she had a family portrait on her desk. I looked at mine and I realised no one on my desk would choose me over anyone else. None of them. 

I got up and walked out trying to calm myself. "They don't care about you, none of them do. They all have someone they would rather be with. Not even you want to be with you"

I tried to shut out the thoughts but they just kept getting stronger. 

"Surely I mean something, I'm the chosen one?" "Not at all. Harry could also be the chosen one. No one needs you, no one."

I found myself at the astronomy tower, breathing heavily as I tried to step away from the edge. 

"Who would care if you were gone? No one, that's who."

"I don't want to do this" I mumbled walking away from the ledge, tears streaming down my face and the cold wind hitting my cheeks. I sat down on the floor, just feeling the the coldness of the tiles and the snow hitting my face. 

All of this because Uncle Remus wants a child?

He should have one, he isn't even my real father. Neither is dad. My parents are dead. I'm an orphan. 

I've never said that to myself. I've never felt like that. Even in Wool's I knew dad was alive and I thought he was my real dad. Even when I found out he wasn't, a sliver of me hoped my real parents were out there somewhere. Uncle Remus made me feel safe all my life. Now it's time for me to let go of that safety and acknowledge it. I'm alone.