Chapter 85: I would choose you

Draco pov:

I couldn't sleep. Whatever I did, the wardrobe wouldn't work. I had tried everything I could and it wouldn't work but I couldn't give up. I took on this horrid responsibility and he would kill my parents if I did not. 

I gave up for the night and decided to leave. I would come back the next day and try again. 

I got out of the room of requirement and I heard someone walking down the corridor breathing heavily. Who would be up at this hour? All my thoughts led to one person, Y/n.

I ran to the Slytherin dorms and knocked on her dorm room door. "I swear I locked it" I heard Parkinson say as she opened it. She widened her eyes seeing me and turned back to call Y/n. 

"She isn't here?!" she whisper-yelled. "I have to find her" she said pushing me aside. "I think I know where she is" I stated. "Where?" she asked turning around. "I'll go. I need to be there for her" I stated. "Tell me where she is Draco" she stated. "She'll be in the astronomy tower or the office " I replied. 

"We'll go to the office first" she stated. "Okay" I replied.

We ran to the office, trying not to wake anyone up. We checked everywhere there and we couldn't find her. 

"Astronomy tower" I stated. She nodded in response. 

We ran to the astronomy tower, wands in hand. We had no idea as to what to expect. 

We found her on the floor near the ledge, snow settling on her face and her tears turning into frost. She turned to us, shivering and tears streaming down her face. "What's wrong?" Parkinson asked kneeling down next to her. She just turned away, tears still streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry I worried you both" she stated. "I'll be alright, you guys can go" she added. "We are not leaving" I stated. "Okay" she replied. "Y/n talk to me please" I said sitting down next to her and wrapping my arms around her. "I'm alone Draco, I'm alone" she said, her voice cracking. 

"How could you think that?!" Parkinson exclaimed. "P you are my best friend in everything that I do but not this. Just not this." she stated, her voice quavering. "I am always here for you" Parkinson replied, tearing. "And I've never doubted that." she replied.

"I'm here for you alright? I'll leave you two be, I'll be right outside" Parkinson said before walking away.

"She doesn't understand Draco, she doesn't" she said. "I will" I replied, holding her tighter. "Uncle Remus wants to have a baby" she stated. "Oh. How do you feel about that?" I asked. "Messed up. Terribly messed up. He's been my support ever since he got me out of Wool's" I replied. I knew she had a hard life at Wools, the worst. 

"And now he'll be supporting someone else. My dad is Harry's godfather. My mum's dead and so is my uncle. And Pansy, she's got everyone she needs. She's got a mum and dad that takes care of her. Hermione has a mum and dad too. Harry has my dad and the Weasleys and Ron has his family. You've got your mum and dad. I've got no one Draco, no one who would choose me over anyone else. No one who would love me the most" she stated, her voice cracking.

I've never known she felt so alone.

"I would." I replied. She looked up at me, the tears shining in her eyes. "I would choose you over anyone and everyone. I would choose you over and over again with no hesitation. I would choose you over the world Y/n Black" I stated. I meant every word of it. I would choose her over me.

Tears came to her eyes as she moved closer to me. "You have loved me, you have protected me, you have held me so kindly and strongly in your arms. You have let me hold some of the weight you carry on your shoulders and you have always been there for me. You will never be alone as long as I live and breath" I continued.

I saw the look in her eyes. The look I had hoped to see for so long. I held her face with my palm and moved closer, feeling her lips move against mine.

We pulled away smiling. Her tears had dried up. She locked her hand with mine and leaned on to the wall.

I glanced at my pocket watch and smiled. "Saint Nick brought my present on time" I said. She chuckled in response.

Y/n Pov:

I love him. That's all there is to it. "I'm sorry I haven't given you an answer" I said. "I was so confused and today has confused me even more" I added. "You don't need to apologise" He replied. "It was so terrible of me to put you on the spot. I shouldn't have rushed you-" 

"No, you haven't rushed me at all. If anything I was taking my time. I want you to be mine. I want you Draco, I need you" I said interrupting him. Tears ran down his face as I spoke. I wiped it away with my hand. 

"I love you Y/n Black" He said kissing my forehead.  "I love you too Draco Malfoy" I replied pulling him in for another kiss.